How do you get space plane wings to lock together?

So, I'm attempting to build a space plane. One of the major issues I'm having is that when attempting to build wings out of the component parts, they don't seem to want to form one cohesive mass. Instead, pieces and portions will flop around individually even though by all appearances they seem to be intersecting in the hangar. Yet when I take it out to the airstrip they jiggle all over creation. Is there some sort of specific way I have to set them up to get them to stick together solidly?

Are you building excessively large wings? Also, imagine placing wings in the same manner your fingers are attached to your hand. If you have a wing section hanging out there, and then start adding all kinds of new wings to its leading and trailing edges, it makes that particular section quite heavy, and very flimsy.

Some pics or a craft file might help.

You can only do this in the space plane hanger; with the wing selected and using double placement, were what ever you place it is duplicated once on the other side. You put the wing(s) directly on the bottom of the fuselage or on top, and they both will point either straight up or straight down. Then clock on the part rotation button and click one of the wings, you see the rotation graphic and from there you can rotate the wings to a normal horizontal angle and you will see when done, the wings are almost joined together at their end bases but are still securely attached to the fuselage.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.