Unable to click anything in space center except few seconds after loading

I ran into a situation where one save basically results in a lockup directly after loading.

When looking at the debug console its flooded with NullReferenceExceptions.

A few seconds after loading I can still click on buildings in the space center and apparently use them normally but after that it is locked. I can still rotate the camera view and zoom in and out but I cannot select any buildings nor open the menu by clicking the icon to the lower right or pressing ESC. Basically I have to alt-F4 out of the game.

This behaviour is present with the last 3-4 saves - the last save without that issue is from several hours of gameplay ago so I'm really keen on recovering from this state.

At first I thought this was the same as http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/105651-FIX-KSC-Buildings-Lock-Up-Can-t-Click-on-Anything-Firing-Kerbal-Crashes-Game/ but I was not able to identify kerbals missing from the roster. Nevertheless I've tried to set all kerbals mentioned in the SCENARIO section (playing science mode) to Unowned/Available but no avail.

Version: Windows x64 Steam 0.90.0.705

Savegame: http://pastebin.com/7E9dx8RR

Excerpt from output_log directly after loading without any interaction: http://pastebin.com/mGrfqXu6. The NullReferenceException continue forever.

/edit: For reference the complete output_log.txt: http://1drv.ms/1BYlLRN

Thanks in advance!

Edited by leepfrog
adding link

Thanks for your reply. I have cut out that portion of the log as before only no errors or exceptions occur (so the first one is covered) and the NullReference exception at the end repeats infinitely after the log is cut.

Hi leepfrog, it looks like you are using a modded game so I have moved this to the modded support forum.

AssemblyLoader: KSPAssembly 'Toolbar' V1.0
Load(Assembly): ActiveTextureManagement/Plugins/ActiveTextureManagement
Load(Assembly): KSPScienceLibrary/KSPScienceLibrary

That last one is the cause of the issue I believe, your broken persistent.sfs will contain this line:

name = StnSciScenario

This has caused other peoples saves to break in the way you describe, I don't know how to fix it though, sorry, that save may not be recoverable.

It may be worth checking with the maker of KSP science Library in case he's aware of this.

The game breaks while trying to display something called an AnchoredDialogue, this may be part of the KSP science library or may have been broken by active texture manager.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at AnchoredDialog.setOpacity (Single value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AnchoredDialog.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at AnchoredDialogHost.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Thanks for your reply. However when the problem first occurred it was a stock installation without mods (and without mods ever being installed before).

The reason for that lines in the debug log is that I recreated the output_log.txt after the initial post because the full log was requested (and at that time the mods were already installed).

However the savegame in the initial post is the one where the problem first occurred (unmodded and without having mods installed some time before), so mods cannot be the reason for that savegame corruption. You should also be able to reproduce this issue by simply loading the save into an unmodded installation.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.