Rover parts, general help

Crashnburn89

i dont really know where to post this, so i figured id ask here. im in need of a mod/parts pack thats .90 compatible that has a decent amount of parts to build rovers, I.E. rover bodies. Im also venturing into using the Extraplanetary launchpads mod and figuring out how i will need to implement all those parts for a mun base. Any helpful input on these topics would be greatly appreciated.

That might be because there is a bit of a dearth of rover part packs. Ask for rocket or plane parts and you'll get dozens of recommendations. One pack you might be interested in was featured in Modding Monday's a while back, Modular Multiwheels. It's not officially updated for 0.90 but some users are reporting it is usable.

You might want to add that you're using EPL to the thread title, there are quite a few users of that mod.

Perhaps the USI Exploration pack has something in it for you? :)

That said, to my mind the definition of a rover body is a bit that the other bits hang off. A modular girder and a couple of I-beams can make a perfectly viable 'body' with plenty of surface area to attach wheels, batteries, solar panels, and science instruments to. Tweakscale can help with the aesthetics of this approach, and helps keep things down to an appropriate size for the wheels you're using. I never use the stock rover body, because it's just a bulky lump without any particular benefits :)

Alright, thanks for the input. im a little hestiant on using tweakscale, some of the mods im running ive read dont get along well. Near future (all of it), MJ, Station science, SpaceY lifters, B9, RCS build aid, KW v2.6, KAS 4.1, GN drive (just to play around with). I think those multiwheels will be the best bet to help me out.

Another thing id like to know is im having trouble with container bay not releasing on my KAS mod, is that something i should post up on the add on issues page? its making it diffucult to use any of my cargo bays since its the only way i can think of securing items in there. lol

- - - Updated - - -

That might be because there is a bit of a dearth of rover part packs. Ask for rocket or plane parts and you'll get dozens of recommendations. One pack you might be interested in was featured in Modding Monday's a while back, Modular Multiwheels. It's not officially updated for 0.90 but some users are reporting it is usable.

You might want to add that you're using EPL to the thread title, there are quite a few users of that mod.

I'm still new to using forums for a game, ive figured alot out on my own as in adding mods, diag. problems when they conflict but since Spaceport went down and switched over to curse..... I have the most difficult time finding what im looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps the USI Exploration pack has something in it for you? :)

That said, to my mind the definition of a rover body is a bit that the other bits hang off. A modular girder and a couple of I-beams can make a perfectly viable 'body' with plenty of surface area to attach wheels, batteries, solar panels, and science instruments to. Tweakscale can help with the aesthetics of this approach, and helps keep things down to an appropriate size for the wheels you're using. I never use the stock rover body, because it's just a bulky lump without any particular benefits :)

BEST ADVICE EVER!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.