Career mode with no science from contracts

Well, science from biomes of kerbin, mun and minmus alone should cover the first two levels of R&D with ease, even without contract science.

As soon as you reach Duna, Eve and the respective moons, and plan your transfers accordingly, you should completely clear your tech tree in a blink of an eye.

Not to mention that there are strategies, unless they are ruled out.

Also, it depends on what difficulty you plan to play.

Is this really a challenge?

Edited by Janos1986

Dang :). I didnt realize there were that many science reports.

Well, on your first launch you can get crew report from launchpad, crew report flying over shore, crew report from high atmo, crew report from low space.

also eva report from launchpad, KSC, runway, Mission control, crawlerway, VAB, tracking station, science building, plane hanger, admin building.

Also reports from Shore, Tundra, Grassland, and water(actually, shore-splashed) if you manage to land in the right spot.

All this within about 15 minutes, and at a cost of about 8000.

On the next launch you can land on the Mun, if you are so inclined!

Edited by MarvinKitFox

Crawlerway is seperate? You learn something new all the time :P

Also, I'm not sure how "science-science" has been rebalanced in value (if at all?), but before, the career mode was only from science reports and no contracts. The only thing you would need the contracts for now is well, money and rep.

If you want a more balanced career, you might want to take a look at my SETI-BalanceMod, the link is in my signature.

Among other rebalances, contracts provide extremely little science (eg 2 science for the first mun contract, for more you will have to do experiments).

I recommend playing SETI with all mods listed under INSTALL and STATUS in the forum thread.

TVxQqCC.jpg

Edited by Yemo

If you want a more balanced career, you might want to take a look at my SETI-BalanceMod, the link is in my signature.

Among other rebalances, contracts provide extremely little science (eg 2 science for the first mun contract, for more you will have to do experiments).

I recommend playing SETI with all mods listed under INSTALL and STATUS in the forum thread.

http://i.imgur.com/TVxQqCC.jpg

Wow thank you! So downloading right now. Going to give it a try. Seems right up my alley. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.