[v0.19] Damned Robotics Version 1.3

DYJ

While taking a stroll in my 8 or 12 legged walkers, the rotatrons bearing the weight of the craft occasionally spontaneously disassemble unanimously. Many of them continue to work, but are off-axis. Is anyone familiar with this problem, or know of any fix? I'm sure its not the weight of the craft, it is very small and I've tested by putting a lot of weight on it without change, and changing the quantity of legs doesn't change anything either.

If you want to experiment with it, the design is very similar to the walker in the "Kerbals at War 2" video, only stripped down to the skeleton.

I'd be interested in seeing some pics.

Are you using DR or MSI? If your using DR you will be very happy using MSI instead. More options

MSI link http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...ernal-Robotics

I am speaking of the old modular parts. I like them a lot and have made them work, I just want to know how to make the thing sturdier.

The bendiness seems to happen in Rotacts and such moving parts, but I can't seem to find an appropriate setting in .cfg file.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I found a bug. I was using DR parts to build a tracking antenna for a ship. The ship weights about fifty tons. On the other end was a one ton RT 900Gm dish. When I tried to unfold it from my ship, it sent the ship spinning out of control. I know both objects have inertia, but a one ton antenna has significantly less than a 50 ton ship traveling at the same velocity. The only two DR parts were a rototron and a hinge. There were no problems what so ever before I attempted to deploy the antenna.

• 2 months later...