[v0.19] Damned Robotics Version 1.3

DYJ

I'm sorry, but I seem to be confused with your wording. Do you mean that the extra feature is docking compatibility (because yours can move while docked) or do you mean that your change made DR compatible?

Both; it fixes the bug that was making it incompatible, and adds the feature sirkut added about locking parts (I think that's what he means).

Hi, can anyone tell me how to fold the hinge in VAB? Clicking the rotate key just makes it, well, rotate.

You can't fold it inside the VAB. The plugin doesn't allow for movement within the VAB. I suppose if you wanted to you could make a copy of the hinge and edit the dae file to be folded. I think I'll add a folded one to the Infernal Robotics pack.

You can't fold it inside the VAB. The plugin doesn't allow for movement within the VAB. I suppose if you wanted to you could make a copy of the hinge and edit the dae file to be folded. I think I'll add a folded one to the Infernal Robotics pack.

Thanks, one more question, is there any way to invert controls of Rotohubs and Rotacts (at least in config?)? I made THIS and controls for mirrored parts are of course reversed,

inverting controls of one of them would solve the issue. If it's not possible though, i guess i can make them separate groups and control them that way, but it would be far more fiddly.

How exactly do I install this on .21? I'm... very confused right now :(

First off, it doesnt work in 0.21. You need to download Magic Smoke Infernal Robotics from here (use the mediafire link)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/37707-0-21-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Parts-Infernal-Robotics

If you want to use the DR parts you need to make a change to each of the part.cfg files (you have to do this manually because its against the license to distribute a fix, it's someone else's models).

for example if the existing part.cfg file said:

This is the config file

you want it to now say

PART

{

This is the config file

}

You are adding the PART { and the } to the file.

Thanks, one more question, is there any way to invert controls of Rotohubs and Rotacts (at least in config?)? I made THIS and controls for mirrored parts are of course reversed,

inverting controls of one of them would solve the issue. If it's not possible though, i guess i can make them separate groups and control them that way, but it would be far more fiddly.

You can change the direction in the CFG but if you do that it will affect them all. Would you could try doing is making a copy of the part and give it a unique name "REVERSED" so you know what part you are dealing with.

or separate control groups i suppose would work.

Editing the cfg files may be confusing here is a visual representation (the arrows are there to show you what you are adding) I can't make it any more simple in explaining it.:

This example is using the DRrotatron part.cfg file. Make the changes here.

Original file:

tb7175bzhk48000fg.jpg

After adding PART {

303uzrpk9gkrahlfg.jpg

Original end of the file

dqa5x5rb4vc2ilifg.jpg

Bottom of file after adding }

uyq1j7reigtev37fg.jpg

I thought reversing rotatekey and revRotateKey would work, it does not (weird)(at least not in groups).

Do i have to change something else? Set speed to negative, perhaps?

I would try it all out but it takes ages to load with all the mods so bugging you is faster :)

edit: trying negative speed

edit 2: Works!

Edited by 0bj4ct7

I thought reversing rotatekey and revRotateKey would work, it does not (weird)(at least not in groups).

Do i have to change something else? Set speed to negative, perhaps?

I would try it all out but it takes ages to load with all the mods so bugging you is faster :)

edit: trying negative speed

edit 2: Works!

Another option is to change the rotateAxis (for the rotatron) to a positive number for the middle number. 1 instead of -1.

Another option is to change the rotateAxis (for the rotatron) to a positive number for the middle number. 1 instead of -1.

Yeah noticed it a bit too late, but it's fine since i also increased speed a bit (i have to rotate it quite a lot and it was painful to watch).

Please notify me when you make the closed hinge THIS was the result of my attempt at it :|

It looked much better when i opened/edited it with Visual Studio, but I do have ZERO experience with modeling :D

Due to the fact that my english is not the best, i have to ask to clear sth. up...does this mod work with the actual game? And can i use the included parts to assemble sorta "self-deploying-station"...imagine 6-8 parallel structural arms snapping about 90° out?

OK, but will there be a new version of damned robotics for 0.21? A new pack that's easy to install and doesn't require us to do all that? Or is the mod disavowed now?

We are working on new parts for infernal robotics so you don't have to mess with damned robotics conversion.

We are working on new parts for infernal robotics so you don't have to mess with damned robotics conversion.

When you release this i think it will be a huge relief for the community. Your work is already outstanding

When you release this i think it will be a huge relief for the community. Your work is already outstanding

No kidding. I'm going to try my best to get the closed and open hinges out tonight to replace the old Damned Robotics version. Since there's such a demand for the parts and people a bit skittish to edit cfg's themselves I'm not willing to wait for all of them to be finished I'll just get them out as we can.

is it possible to actuate the joints while in the VAB prior to launch? (not the obvious rotate about its placement axis). The reason I ask is because I need it to be retracted in its launch position since I am using procedural fairings, otherwise the fairing will be huge and stupid looking.

is it possible to actuate the joints while in the VAB prior to launch? (not the obvious rotate about its placement axis). The reason I ask is because I need it to be retracted in its launch position since I am using procedural fairings, otherwise the fairing will be huge and stupid looking.

What to be retracted?