End game to career mode

nR3c

I think this is a very good idea. If the current system even had a display with little green lights for experiments done and little red lights or black spaces for experiments uncompleted that would be some incentive to try and continue doing science in the late game.

I suggested that months ago. around .23.5

Not so many people seemed to like it. But maybe not many look in the suggestions thread

My endgame for the past few versions has been visiting and returning from everywhere and having bases on Duna and Laythe.

In the future I want my endgame to include further advanced technology and interstellar travel. Gathering science from a star system deep in a nebulae or a solar system orbiting a black hole would be epic.

Kerbalforming world's would be great for a sequel

I suggested that months ago. around .23.5

Not so many people seemed to like it. But maybe not many look in the suggestions thread

Well, I don't think it's ideal or anything. I would certainly hope for much, much more, but I think the point is valid. Science in the late game should do something.

I always feel a bit of a let-down after I finish unlocking the tech tree. I always have so much more to do, but all that science is worthless. I guess I could convert it to cash with a strategy.

I would like to see: the total amount of all science in the game is equal to the total amount of whole research tree. + Contracts give no RP.

I would like to see: the total amount of all science in the game is equal to the total amount of whole research tree. + Contracts give no RP.

That would be way too punishing. That means you can't complete the tech tree until you do every single experiment at every single biome in the game. Which means you have to visit many biomes multiple times as new science instruments unlock. So tedious!

I don't think it should be possible to unlock the whole tree without ever going to another planet, but I also don't think it should require quite that level of grinding.

Compare KSP to Sim City (lets say SC4, not the abomination that came afterwards ...) or X3, for some games you have to find your own end game - not because it is a design flaw, but it is part of the design. All three start out with building a foundation despite some obstacles (lack of money and/or tech) to start your own adventures from.

And there is always the option to start a new fresh game with different mods and difficulty settings, trying to do better still with what you have learned before.

SC4 has an 'end game', FIY.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.