Thank You Squad [Space Engineers thread]

Captain Sierra

I've played so much of this game, and there is so much more to be done, that I feel like I owe squad another $15 or whatever ludicrously low price I paid for it on steam in around July of 2013.

Yes! I paid $17. I hope they make some "appreciation" DLC.

Honestly at what point do you say to yourself, "you know what, I'll wait and see what happens first." I mean it saves you so much emassment if things do turn out to be alright, and if things to hit the fan that you can complain all you like completly justified. It honestly sounds like the aero debate going on now, why can't we just want and see.

I haven't been a player for long, but I can tell that this one isn't going to get dropped before it is as good as it can be. Specifically, I think we will see a massive bump in quality upon release of Unity 5.

How can you be sure? Development is for a large part an economic decision. If the sales are not paying the bills any more, you can bet development is halted.

I've played so much of this game, and there is so much more to be done, that I feel like I owe squad another $15 or whatever ludicrously low price I paid for it on steam in around July of 2013.

I bought a second copy for a friend. I guess that counts.

SE and ME might be colliding.... maybe the AI project is to make a thing to calculate the chance of finding someone's ME world and missileing them.

actually....

We are looking for AI programmers & researchers who will develop a general AI (non-video game related). Our vision is to build an artificial brain that can perceive, learn, and adapt to the environment in the same way as humans do. Our design is inspired by neurocortex (sensory perception, motor commands, learning, hierarchical spatial and temporal memory and reasoning, autonomous decisions, etc.).

thats from their want ad. http://www.keenswh.com/ai-programmer--researcher.html

While for early access, SE looks plausible, I just decided they wanted too much cash for what they had....

We are looking for AI programmers & researchers who will develop a general AI (non-video game related). Our vision is to build an artificial brain that can perceive, learn, and adapt to the environment in the same way as humans do. Our design is inspired by neurocortex (sensory perception, motor commands, learning, hierarchical spatial and temporal memory and reasoning, autonomous decisions, etc.).

For the most part, sounds like he's over stating how hard those tasks actually are:1 sensory perception, add a flag trigger area around the ai 2: motor commands = animation speed and add the force like you would anyways 3: modify some float variable based on how fast the ai is killed to optimise against the player 4: memory = more float vairables 6: auto decisions, well that's the purpose of an ai.

BUT REASONING ????? If that guy could hire the worlds population to do the research, it might still take a very very very long time ie: several decades...

I get the impression the guy sounds a bit like Peter Molyneux, the main difference being that Molyneux actually developed and published a number of large AAA hit games. Great ideas and promises, but lacking in the self criticism department.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.