Experimental Airships

Not a space craft but still a lot of fun.

2it20ky.png

Because the ship is oddly shaped you\'ll only want to use a small amount of available thrust in order to keep it level because of this it is VERY slow, like 15 m/s slow. It likes to hang around 7200 m.

Currently I\'m attempting a ocean crossing in it but the range is quite limited.

It uses the C7 pack, BACE pack, the Kosmos pack and the Blimp addon

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Looks like we now have anouther type of thing to build (in decending order from the being of KSP : Rockets, Spaceplanes, Satelites, ships, submarines, cars, propeller powered aircraft, Airships, (whats next?)). Well done on you airships, they look great, especally the Double D.

Well I got another one on the way. Right now it is just in the prototype phase be I couldn\'t wait to share it. I\'ve already named this line. I give you the Nostalgia for Infinity (+10 internets if you can name the book reference)

2hhqfk2.png

Here is the fully functional ship.

2wpt7aw.png

It is actually more fuel efficient than the Double D and I\'ve equipped it with pontoons, C7 cylindrical structural peice, for water landing rather than the struts I now have on Double D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.