[1.3.0] Mobile Frame System [MFS] (v0.3.3) [29.05.2017]

riocrokite

• 1 month later...

So, I've having a slight issue when using this mod: When I place a part, all possible attachment points are immediately available. So, it is a tangle of green orbs everywhere, and I can never get anything attached correctly. Also, I cannot change the colors of the containers. They are stuck as being green.

So, I've having a slight issue when using this mod: When I place a part, all possible attachment points are immediately available. So, it is a tangle of green orbs everywhere, and I can never get anything attached correctly. Also, I cannot change the colors of the containers. They are stuck as being green.

1st issue - check whether you have dependency files installed; firespiiter.dll and jsiPartUtilities.dll (check first post in the thread)

2nd issue - this is working as intended. To change color you have to manually swap texture files (choose and copy the color you want from the MFS_alternate_colors.zip file)

Edited by riocrokite

• 1 month later...

Awesome! Another update.... that's an amazing looking part!

If you get time you may wanna check out some new work by ThomasP

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/131370-WIP-Kerbal-Terrain-System

Its a WIP, but it should allow real time deformation of Terrain. Might complement your ideas behind Mining and Processing :D (Munar Strip mining Anyone? :P)

Awesome! Another update.... that's an amazing looking part!

If you get time you may wanna check out some new work by ThomasP

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/131370-WIP-Kerbal-Terrain-System

Its a WIP, but it should allow real time deformation of Terrain. Might complement your ideas behind Mining and Processing :D (Munar Strip mining Anyone? :P)

yeaaah i was gonna say this. like in the movie Moon.

Actually I have no idea, never prepared a file for it. Someone some time ago prepared a file for ckan and I guess it is automatically updating(?) since then:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN-meta/blob/master/MFS/MFS-0.3.2.ckan

That's why it's generally better to bother the CKAN people in their thread rather than the modders.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really great work. These cranes are tricky to operate though (at least to a KAS novice like me) - was struggling to get an XXL fuel tank off the ground before I accidentally managed to toss it over the back of the truck where it promptly exploded :sticktongue: truck somehow survived unscathed though :wink:

Also, am I missing something or would this operation be a lot easier if the KAS winches had like an 'automatically remain taut' feature? Or is there a way to make them do that that I'm missing?

EDIT: Just spent ten minutes scratching my head as to why these tracks were performing so badly...then I realised I'd not checked what was in the storage compartments on the back - my 15t truck was carrying a hundred tonnes of ore >.<

Edited by baldamundo

Really great work. These cranes are tricky to operate though (at least to a KAS novice like me) - was struggling to get an XXL fuel tank off the ground before I accidentally managed to toss it over the back of the truck where it promptly exploded :sticktongue: truck somehow survived unscathed though :wink:

Also, am I missing something or would this operation be a lot easier if the KAS winches had like an 'automatically remain taut' feature? Or is there a way to make them do that that I'm missing?

EDIT: Just spent ten minutes scratching my head as to why these tracks were performing so badly...then I realised I'd not checked what was in the storage compartments on the back - my 15t truck was carrying a hundred tonnes of ore >.<

For best stability I suggest additional grapple hooks / harpoons that will attach your vehicle to the ground (especially for bodies with lower gravity). Unfortunately don't know what do you mean by 'automatically remain tout'.

Hey Rickorite,

would it be possible fot you to move all your parts into your own tab in the VAB/SPH? Much like IR and RealChute do. It would help a TON in finding other parts and keeping all of your parts organized.

I think they all come up in the same place if you sort it by manufacturer (sorry if I've gotten confused and that's a feature only added by the Filter Extensions mod. but if so, get Filter Extensions, it's pretty neat)

- - - Updated - - -

For best stability I suggest additional grapple hooks / harpoons that will attach your vehicle to the ground (especially for bodies with lower gravity). Unfortunately don't know what do you mean by 'automatically remain tout'.

I might be just being dumb and missing a KAS feature which already exists (their documentation isn't honestly very thorough). I mean, as in, can you make the cables pull themselves so they remain with high tension, but without pulling strongly enough to risk disconnecting the magnet? I was doing it by manually adjusting the cables to the right length as the crane moved, but I feel like there must be an easier way of doing it.

Also, I actually don't think I had any problem with the truck itself getting unstable...just I may need more practise actually lifting things with the IR controls without accidentally flinging them over the back :P

I think they all come up in the same place if you sort it by manufacturer (sorry if I've gotten confused and that's a feature only added by the Filter Extensions mod. but if so, get Filter Extensions, it's pretty neat)

- - - Updated - - -

I might be just being dumb and missing a KAS feature which already exists (their documentation isn't honestly very thorough). I mean, as in, can you make the cables pull themselves so they remain with high tension, but without pulling strongly enough to risk disconnecting the magnet? I was doing it by manually adjusting the cables to the right length as the crane moved, but I feel like there must be an easier way of doing it.

Also, I actually don't think I had any problem with the truck itself getting unstable...just I may need more practise actually lifting things with the IR controls without accidentally flinging them over the back :P

MFS is mainly parts pack that uses other mods functionalities (like IR) since I'm not a plugin coder. Therefore I guess the best place to ask for this feature (pulling cables) is KAS thread. You might want to try operating crane on different bodies (Mun/Minimus) - this is totally different experience :)

MFS is mainly parts pack that uses other mods functionalities (like IR) since I'm not a plugin coder. Therefore I guess the best place to ask for this feature (pulling cables) is KAS thread. You might want to try operating crane on different bodies (Mun/Minimus) - this is totally different experience :)

Yeah, I do realise that - sorry for going off topic! Have asked in the KAS thread now.

Really love how modular and versatile you've made this stuff, btw!

Yeah, I do realise that - sorry for going off topic! Have asked in the KAS thread now.

Really love how modular and versatile you've made this stuff, btw!

cheers, will be more useful with overhauled stork lander frames that can deliver rovers build with MFS and then create some modules that go on top of it :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.