Mods Wanted: Near Future/Sci Fi Parts

-root

i'm trying to find some good near future and sci-fi parts packs. Stuff along the lines of FTT. I'd love some more suggestions of mods to check out. I've been trawling through the add-ons forum and i'm not having much luck.

There are two main things you need to be looking at.

1) Near Future Technologies

2) KSP Interstellar

Balance:

The former balances somewhat against stock with realistic consumption rates with unrealistically high thrust outputs.

The latter has realistic energy to thrust output ratios but has unrealistically high power generation methods.

Gameplay:

KSPI is very intensive and is borderline total conversion in what it does to your game experience. Its also pulling a B9 right now and is only updated by community work (thank God for permissive licensing).

Near Future is focused more on extending the stock progression to include some more endgame stuff while also keeping stock gameplay at the core. It changes up how you design craft late-game and what not but the gameplay still feels very much like stock KSP, just with a lot more high-end options.

I personally prefer Near Future Technologies over KSPI.

It doesn't change gameplay much and in-game information is enough to go by (just read carefully).

The solar panels are real useful and pretty.

The batteries are nice and the capacitors change gameplay a bit.

The crafts are great. the two and six seaters can change your progression nicely (I like using the six seater instead of using the transport cans).

Propulsion is varied and interesting.

I've already checked out both of them. I like near future a lot, its got some truly excellent stuff in the pack and I'm thinking i'll run with it over KSPI. I'm keen to add some really nice parts to the list along with the FTT stuff. Are there any others out there that you would recommend?

Since you already have FTT, you could look at RoverDude's other mods: MKS/OKS for example fits the bill. Its main topic is the construction of self-sufficient planetary and orbital bases through the use of in-situ resource utilization, something we'll likely see attempted IRL within the next 15 to 30 years.

It plays well with Near Future Technologies (to the point where they share some resources and support the same custom tech tree) and adds an aspect that isn't really covered by the base game at all. On the other hand, it's a fairly large and involved mod, and works best if TAC Life Support is also installed... which is a major gamechanger for manned missions.

Let's see, I'm using near future, b9, KW rocketry, ksprc, dmagic orbital science, scansat, antenna range, deadly reentry, NEAR.... There's more but I have probably forgotten them.

- - - Updated - - -

Ooh and karbonite and station science.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.