I got KSP a few weeks ago and I almost have 100 hours.

Captinfannin

Welcome to the forums!

also, you built THAT with under 100 hours of experience? That's pretty impressive! I have over 300 hours on the counter and I've never bothered even trying a planetary base, let alone one that was assembled on-site with docking ports!

well done to you sir, have some rep!

Welcome to the forums, and i'm glad to see someone else who can build really cool bases! (I love bases, Laythe, and Bases on Laythe!)

Good luck, but you will not need it, cause the community here rocks! Have fun!

[Edit]: Here's the base!:

H0qm4m2.png?1

z39h8Hd.png?1

B55vVb8.png?1

Balancing it was a big challenge! (I used a sky-crain and I balanced it with that!)

Edited by DMSP

Now THAT'S an impressive base. My bases are generally just a tall lander with a science lab that doesn't have enough fuel to get back to Kerbin. I'm currently working on trying to make a base on Moho (with a ton of mods), but it's proving to be a challenge...</shameless selfpromotion>

Welcome to the forums nice base there, is it all stock?

Rep anyway

Thanks

Mostly stock, but not all stock. I used infernal robotics to make the docking ports on the core of the base extend, to make it easier to connect the separate modules, and I have KAS, but I didn't use it on anything except the rover. Also, a few of the parts are from Tantares, I like the way they look.

Thank you everyone for all the love :). I'm glad to see you all like my munar base, though it didn't go as smoothly as pictured. There is quite a bit of derbis lying about...

Edited by Captinfannin
Combining two posts. Mentioned KAS

No big deal. In the future, it is better to select "Edit Post" than to try to post again.

I've had my browser flip out and post the same thing three times, don't feel that bad. :D

I feel totally weird asking this, but,

How did you stick the modules together?

I've managed to make some fairly nice base modules, but my crawlers are always too tall to fit under the damn things.

First what I did was built a plan in the VAB of what my Munar base would look like and made sure all the landing legs where aligned. I was planning on using rovers and KAS to drag the modules together, but my rovers couldn't apply enough force, so I used my landing rockets to get close to the base in short hops. I brought a bunch of extra fuel on my modules so that wasn't a problem.

Nice base! To this day, I *STILL* haven't built any actual multi-part surface bases (I'm more in love with reusable launch systems and orbital stations). The closest I come is when I hook up a few modules with KAS pipes/winches and call it a "base".

Regards,

Northstar