Radial decouplers don't disengage the BACC

I'm sure there's an interface issue I don't understand, but I have tried a number of times to put several BACC boosters in a radially symmetrical configuration around my lift vehicle with radial decouplers intended to set them loose when they're used. So far I have found no way to make this work reliably. It appears to be random whether the decouplers shove the BACC away at all, and about 10% of the time. I've even had symmetrical boosters let go of one but not the other.

Is there some construction interface trick I need to be aware of?

Edited by ArchangelGabriel

The most likely reason is that you're not actually attaching the BACCs to the decouplers - you're accidentally missing the decouplers and attaching the BACCs directly to the center stack.

When you're trying to put boosters on your decouplers, watch the staging diagram in the lower-right - it'll highlight the part your booster will attach to if you click to finalize it.

I didn't have time to take screenshots, but it appeared that the BACC boosters were "overlapping" the central booster physically. I put some Modular Girder Segments in the same radial patter, and put the decouplers on those, then attached the BACCs to the decouplers in the same fashion. (I have had trouble in the past with alignment, so I knew it wasn't a matter of "missing the decouplers". I was super careful, and put a lot of slow effort into making sure the staging and alignment of the decouplers was right.

It turns out the Girders put enough distance between the BACCs and the main booster that the decouplers worked. I got a big Career mode boost from testing the S1 SRB-KD25k at altitude.

Thanks for the suggestions!

There is also the radial decouper bug where it causes outside boosters to smash the center stack in certain situations.

This happened to me just last night, had to swap the SRB-KD25ks on my heavy lifter for BACCs. Didn't know there was a fix for it, thanks! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.