I Made Kerbin...Again!

Thomas988

I was feeling the inspiration. Y'know, the kind that chains you to your chair for three hours straight? Yeah, that kind. But after I saw how much you guys here on the forums loved

my last Kerbin artwork (and apparently the devs too...I was featured!), I decided to put my new, better skills to the test and make an even more amazing version, and in 16K resolution!

ezp4tXw.png

Yes, my friends, you read that right. 16K. I hope you guys like it! :D

P.S. Because I couldn't decide which version looked better, I made two variations: one with the sunlight to the left, another with it facing upwards. Variety is the spice of life, right? Also, I give huge credit to saik0, whose Kerbal Maps I used to get the 16K texture of Kerbin.

0lVa1f2.png

16K RESOLUTION (15.9 MB)

8K RESOLUTION (4.97 MB)

2K RESOLUTION (401 KB)

W49XTwE.png

16K RESOLUTION (15.9 MB)

8K RESOLUTION (4.87 MB)

2K RESOLUTION (391 KB)

Aha, okay! When I draw planets manually, I just keep the land as a separate layer on top of the shiny water. But if this is one of those fancy 3d tricks, then I'm not so sure. I've never used those. :P

Now that I think of it, I do believe I tried something like that when I was making this. However, stuff ended up looking really weird, so I just had to settle for less. But, hey, I could always try again!

And no, I have zero experience in 3D modelling softwares. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.