Petition for Squad to extend KSP's beta period

gutza1

Hello, KSP Forums. I am a semi-lurker here, but something has forced me out of my shell. I just read that KSP is going to be called "complete" after just one beta update. One. And there are still so much stuff that needs to be made before most of the community can call KSP complete. I discovered that many other members share my opinion. To address this problem, I have created a petition on change.org here. I hope you fellow KSPers will sign this petition and make Squad extend the KSP beta period. Save the Kerbal Space Program!

... I think you're operating on the idea that 1.0 means the end of KSP development.

Squad have already mentioned they are committed to develop the game further.

So the transition to 1.0 is hardly necessary to cry "Save the whales Kerbal Space Program".

I feel a petition might be going too far. It's not like Squad showed us one thing and delivered another (Aliens Colonial Marines), or gave us not vastly different endings (Mass Effect 3). However, I do agree that Squaids shouldn't rush themselves.

1. Squad says something. 2. Flame wars on the forums. 3. Squad clears the air. 4. Rivers of tears and rejoicement.

The problem is, you can only release the game once, and if there are any major issues missed by the QA team, no matter how small they may be, could hurt KSP's reputation, not to mention many other issues raised, I do not agree with them all, but they are valid concerns to at least discuss. I trust squad, but I just wonder if they have completely thought this through, or got caught up in the excitement, or otherwise being suggested to speed up release.

Do you want them to be known as the Indie version of Bethesda if Aero severely breaks something that they miss? Unlikely, but not impossible

The problem is, you can only release the game once

Ahem GTA V is being re-released, at full price, for the next gen systems and for pc (why it took so long to get it to the pc is beyond me since they built it on them....but I digress). So no a game can be released more than once or even have things added onto it after its release, which, after watching the Squadcast, is what they are planning on doing. So I would not get sand in uncomfortable places, like the back of VW, and take a pill and relax a bit. I will do out on a limb and say that what has been released is far from all that is coming.

I think we can safely there have been quite enough threads on this matter. Believe me when I say that I agree that it does feel a bit rushed, but I have raised these concerns with Rowsdower multiple times, and he has simply said that they are adamant to do it this way, though for what reason I cannot say.

Regardless, Squad are not without experience, and it would be silly to assume they won't be able to make it work. Sure, they've had troubles in the past, but they have proven time and time again that they can learn from their mistakes. Best to give them the benefit of the doubt for now, I think. :)

Please add your thoughts to an existing thread if you feel the need. Twenty different threads on essentially the same thing achieves nothing but a great big mess, however, so I'll close this one.