[Plugin 0.14.4] Part gravity - v1.0

The_Duck

My deorbit mission was a bit of a failure.

I managed to land the deorbit engine on the Munlet and erect it on its little legs:

screenshot39o.png

But i underestimated the delta-v required to deorbit something as heavy as the munlet and ran out of propellant.

Unfortunately, my Soyuz, which carried the deorbit engine to the Munlet, ran out of propellant too. Now where did I put those cyanide pills?

screenshot37ut.png

However, I hardly feel any pull when I approach the Asteroid and when I touched it (very gently) my ship exploded.

I found plenty of gravity, but I agree with exploding thing. It\'s weird, sometimes if you\'re going just slow enough you kind of clip it bounce off really fast like a ping pong ball being used in a game of billiards. I also noticed the explosions seem to be spaced out as if the ship has remained still and the asteroid dragged across it at orbital velocity. I tried reducing the mass, and even tried approaching the asteroid from behind so that its orbital vector was pointing away from the ship, but pretty much the same outcome.

screenshot85.jpg

Great fun to practice munar orbit rendezvous with though. That thing really sneaks up on you when it suddenly appears at 2.5km!

It\'s an X-30 a colleague of mine made but still hasn\'t released yet because he is a perfectionist and it doesn\'t have RCS. ::)

Back on topic: operation cuddlefish achieved its primary objective! The cart plugin goes a bit nuts when you decouple it from the lander and attempt to explore the munlet, but that was to be expected. Even if it did work, the jump off the ramp would probably exceed escape velocity. You could escape deimos with a bike and a ramp!

cuddlefish.jpg

Can someone make the Munlet have a radius about 1/3rd of Kerbin\'s with a gravitational pull of 1/3rd of Kerbin\'s and then place it into Solar Orbit with an altitude of about 20 times that of the Mun?

Then we\'d have a new planet!

Can someone make the Munlet have a radius about 1/3rd of Kerbin\'s with a gravitational pull of 1/3rd of Kerbin\'s and then place it into Solar Orbit with an altitude of about 20 times that of the Mun?

Then we\'d have a new planet!

You can only have a part 2KM in size, now then again, this is pretty big.

I still have it. But I can\'t find it on the forum anymore. :(

It was named: KGG DeathStar.

Yeah. GoDammit deleted all of his mods like a total asshole after being a jerk for no reason on a thread. The guy\'s last posts portray him as emotionally unstable.

• 1 month later...

this thing is awesome, i have 2 munlets in orbit around kerbin and they are going in opposite directions of each other in the same orbit. but they dont hit or even come close. ill put the asteroid there too and see what happens.

also quick question, is it possible to change the munlets picture so you have other things orbiting around. i was thinking of swiching the picture in the texture folder and seeing what will happen. but i dont want to screw the part up.

ok so i cant seem to use the asteroid because when i put it in the parts folder the game crashes before loading. any ideas on how to fix it

so how do you get the asteroid into space. i got it to load and than tried lanching the rocket and um got smushed

Best thing whould be using the debris field generator, if it still works in .15.

so i got the Munlet into orbit and released it, the debris of the ship become caught in its orbit only able to leave if i warp

they do not show the orbit in the map around the munlet but nonetheless the munlet affects their orbit

• 1 month later...