German title suggestion for the Release version

caipi

I read in the Beyond Beta article that female Kerbals will be added in the RC. So I came up with a nice title for this version:

Kerbale und Liebe (literal translation: Kerbals & Love)

Unfortunately it only works in German. It is a reference to a well-known German play by Friedrich Schiller (famous German writer) called Kabale und Liebe, which literal translates to Cabals and Love, but its English title is actually Intrigue and Love

Kerbale und Liebe (literal translation: Kerbals & Love)

Naaaja, du hast das sicher als gute Idee empfunden, als du darauf gekommen bist, aber so toll ist dein Vorschlag leider nicht. Abgesehen von einigen gelangweilten Schülern erinnert sich fast niemand an die Geschichte.

translation

You'd thought it's a good idea when you came up with it but your proposal isn't that good. Besides some bored pupils almost nobody remembers that story.

I would call 1.0 just "Lift Off". Everybody gets the reference easily and in my opinion the words fit nicely.

Heh...

I think that it should just be "Kerbal Space Program".

So far, all versions (or at least most) have a title, like "Beta than ever" "First Contract" and all those more or less witty phrases. The game itself is still called Kerbal Space Program. Consider it a sub title for the version number.

It was just a suggestion and I know, it only works in German. So it's not really applicable, thus it will not happen. But it might still rise to an inofficial version title, as an insider :D

@aqua&Ikaneko: I think you are underestimating the community. A lot of students (University, not school, though the last one might be true as well) are playing the game and I think a lot of people do get it.

Edited by caipi

In German, Kerbal Space Program is "Kerbal Raumfahrtprogramm."

*snicker*

Correctly translated to German, i think, its like "Kerbalisches Raumfahrtprogramm" :D

And sorry, but the suggested title "Kerbale und Liebe" even dont work in German... :sealed: ... :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.