200 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Play KSP?

• For Bills and Bobs ages 1-6
    • Small parts: Best for children 6+
    • 10-15: Jebediah supervision recommended
    • Warning: Contains Rocket Science. Most suitable for ages 15+
    • Rated M for Moho: 18+ Only
    • Great for all ages, pilots, engineers, and scientists

In fairness, it's not a rule that we can be choosy about enforcing, there are legal requirements involved.

Yet there is someone who is part of the media team and under the age of 18, and also promoted on the forums. So there is some choosing involved when this rule is enforced and when it is not. I am sure I will get a warning for this as well....

As for the age of the players it shouldn't be restricted to a certain age group, unless their parents (if young enough to have them be responsible) feel the game is not suited for them.

Liowen, there are parental consent issues. Please read the COPPA link technicalfool was so kind to include in his reminder, if a user reveals they are under 13 we *have* to take action. Similarly, if a parent/guardian complains about pictures/posts of their underage ward, we also *have* to take action. There's really nothing insidious about it.

And I think we should let the topic of the rule drop for now, if you'd like to discuss it more please PM me or one of the other moderators.

Edited by Red Iron Crown

I think a kid between the ages of 10-15 would be a good time to start playing. Any younger and sure they might have fun, but they wont "get it".

Disclaimer: I dont have kids, and I really don't know what their abilities at certain ages are very much.

Voted 15+, but generally I believe its suited for anyone 5 and up in its Vanilla format.

If you want to get anywhere in the game, especially modded game, and are serious about it, you need to put some thought into it and understand some concepts about physics for which you likely need to be at least 10-12 in my opinion.

With that said, I think everyone can have some mindless fun building and blowing up rockets in spectacular ways, or doing the same with planes. Just as kids love LEGO, they can have fun with KSP as well, for some time at least.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.