I need a camera that can track a target.

Motokid600

So I got it all to make this work. I got the HullcamVDS for the cameras and I got BHDarmory for the 500km load distance. I just need somehow to track the target rocket as it ascends. I want to watch my launches from the ground. Ive been able to do it in the past with the LazorCam, but that is so out of date im scared to even try it fearing it may corrupt something. Now my other obstacle is im still on v.25. So whatever the solution is it has to work on the older version of KSP. ( BHDArmory is also still .25, so.. ) Any suggestions? The only thing I've tried sop far is a sphere. A scaled up Sputnik probe with a lot of reaction wheels and the camera mounted on the bottom. Turn the probe upside down and the reaction wheels can act as my tracking. But its not good enough. No matter how much SAS I put on it the camera cannot fight gravity as the target lets lower in the sky. So I need some sort of tracking motor.

Edited by Motokid600

Originally yes. But you can change it in the config from 5000 ( im guessing meters ) to 500,000. And yes you have to make sure LKO is clear of both debris and other craft. I actually just launched a Mun probe and was able to return the first stage to the pad while the second went to orbit on its own. It works really well depending on what you want to do. Switching to and from craft from those distances is explosive. So what I've been trying to do is have the first stage land itself with mechjeb's landing guidance, but it goes haywire once you move focus off it. But the accent guidance WILL work on its own. So now what Id like to do is observe my launches from the ground and watch it go to orbit. Just need a way to track the target..

Edited by Motokid600

Heres my go at making a camera mount that can "track" with a few IF washers. I had to work hard to get MJ to even get it close to being right. For some reason SmartASS didn't know which way was up despite me being able to manually move the camera perfectly in all axis. That craft there is the best I could do to get SmartASS to actually track the target. But its not good enough. For some reason it shakes around the target marker and doesn't stay still enough. And my own hand isn't steady to track a rocket or something in orbit.

itlAHb8.jpg?1

@RainDreamer - That looks interesting, but not quite what im looking for. The camers I have. The ability for them to track a target is what I need.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.