Hello there / first orbit achieved!

Ragnarok

Greetings from distant worlds!

I was compelled to post today because after a week of playing KSP, I finally did my homework (after killing 1000s of the little green dudes) and was able to achieve orbit today quite easily.

I took a picture as I descended back down to terra firma, and found quite a nice composition I thought I\'d share...here\'s to an explosion-reduced future (although I\'ve never laughed harder in my life than at KSP 'fail' videos on youtube...)

Update! Made it to the Mun for the first time!

I sort of accidentally ended up transferring orbits to the mun, and lo and behold, I ran out of fuel on descent, so I crashed into the surface.

My weakness seems to be fuel management (har) and the fact that when I try to reduce my perigee while in orbit on the moon, I seem to always come in on a very steep angle relative to the Mun\'s surface...

I know how to change the axis of an orbit, and how to make it circular / more elliptical, but how does one change the angle of the location of the apogee relative to Kerbin?

I know how to change the axis of an orbit, and how to make it circular / more elliptical, but how does one change the angle of the location of the apogee relative to Kerbin?

Do you mean that you are wondering how to change orbital planes, or that you are wondering how to rotate the Apoapsis/Periapsis about Kerbin? If all you want to do is rotate the apsis then that can be accomplished by simply doing burns in the +/- direction of motion, this will raise/lower your apsis as well though. You can compensate for that though by doing burns that compensate upwards or downwards, depending on whether you are decreasing or increasing your velocity (respectively). Vertical (+/-) can also be used, but this tends to 'rotate' your orbit about your present position, and can quickly drive your apoapsis into a Kerbin escape trajectory and drive your periapsis into the surface. Orbital planes are way easier though.