[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

Romfarer, I would like to report an conflict between your Lazor System and KSP PartTools.

When PartTools is loaded in Unity (for add-on development), it traverses through all the cfg files in GameData to compile a list of internals and props. Your GameData\Romfarer\PluginData\Romfarer\config.cfg causes PartTools to abort execution:

untitled_1_by_sumghai-d7h680a.png

My current (and very inconvenient) workaround is to rename config.cfg to a different file extension, do some work in Unity, then rename the config.cfg back when I want to play the game.

Essentially, for future versions, could you change the plugin so that it uses a non-CFG file format for a config? (for example, Ship Manifest uses config.XML)

Am I the only one with an 'empty' symbol in my stages after adding a Lazor? Is there a way to get rid of it?

I'm currently only interested in the tractor beam feature and this mod seems to be the only one which implements it, right? (I'm asking because I don't need about 95% of the features)

Thanks!

I'm sure this has been raised before by other members, but are there plans for the Lazor system to support the Toolbar Plugin API? I'd like to keep everything neatly organized.

Lazor will support the new stock toolbar which will come in the next version of KSP.

Romfarer, I would like to report an conflict between your Lazor System and KSP PartTools.

When PartTools is loaded in Unity (for add-on development), it traverses through all the cfg files in GameData to compile a list of internals and props. Your GameData\Romfarer\PluginData\Romfarer\config.cfg causes PartTools to abort execution:

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/124/e/d/untitled_1_by_sumghai-d7h680a.png

My current (and very inconvenient) workaround is to rename config.cfg to a different file extension, do some work in Unity, then rename the config.cfg back when I want to play the game.

Essentially, for future versions, could you change the plugin so that it uses a non-CFG file format for a config? (for example, Ship Manifest uses config.XML)

Thanks for the report, i'll make sure to change the format of this file for the next update.

Also Lazor System and all my mods are now on curse. Here -> http://www.curse.com/plugins/kerbal/220271-lazor-system

All my mods are here btw.... -> http://www.curse.com/users/Romfarer

Edited by Romfarer

Greetings all!

I'm having this issue...

http://www./convkey/d028/5798y69r6f6d1lafg.jpg

The docking camera has this brown pixelated fudging going on for some reason. I had the same problem back in 0.23 as well.

Hello, I have the same problem too...

My graphic card is Sapphire Vapor-X R9 280X with the 13.12 version of the catalyst. And with my another PC, I still have the problem. (NVIDIA GeForce GT 610)

o.o But ... they are all the old December 2013 versions 32b for KSP versions prior to 0.23.5 ... is that intentional for some strange reason?

I just uploaded the correct files... Well spotted, thanks :)

*poke*

Is there anything special that needs to be done to take advantage of the View Distance? My understanding was that it kept vessels from unloading. I put some probes on my aircraft and dropped them in flight. If I circled around them they'd descend okay under their chute but if I flew away they all unloaded around 5km and I have the View Distance set to 100km (Long) in the control panel Do I just have the wrong idea about how this works?

I'm guessing now that the view distance is only for vessels in a Landed/Splashdown or Obital state

Would it be possible to make a standalone laser, something like a plain laserpointer ? Just for visuals? Id like to place something like that into the center of a docking port on my tug. I already use your docking cam (great job on that one), but to have some visual pointer in 3rd person view would be an excellent addition.

Best regards

• 3 weeks later...
I seem to be missing something with the interface. Looks like the background and all of the buttons for my GUI are missing, which makes it very hard to use. Any ideas?

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/468683616383135305/3756CE968E1B6CA6D584DF5EFCAB1EE39F14A952/1024x576.resizedimage

On Mac? Confirmed issue with no fix right now, as Romfarer is a dev and down;t have a whole lot of time.

On Mac? Confirmed issue with no fix right now, as Romfarer is a dev and down;t have a whole lot of time.

Well, damn. I just came to post about this. You can kinda guess at where a 'close' button would be in the upper right of each interface, but yeah, they don't display properly on Mac. And I don't know if it's related or not, but now I can't use the drop down menu on Blizzy's toolbar. Where there used to be the options to move the icons around and such, I just get a tiny black box. And that's just happened since installing Lazor.

Also, this might not be a bug, but apparently the cruise missiles require a line of sight to their targets? Several times now I've tried launching one from the KSC runway to a target on the island runway. The targeting sequence works fine and the missile (launched vertically), flies to about 1200m, levels out and tries to fly on a bee-line to the target. And because of the curvature of the planet and/or an inability to stay above the terrain/water, it ends up crashing into the surface of the ocean between KSC and the island. Again, this might be intended/a limitation of the system at the moment, but I thought it was unusual for what's supposed to be a long-range weapon.

Anyway, it's great to see this being updated and it's lots of fun to play with. I see that Romfarer is busy, but some support for Mac users would be fab if/when he has time for it.

Edit: Also, the other strange thing I noticed - Anytime one of the weapons detonates, the explosion is comprised of several *massive* white, 2-D squares at the source of the explosion, along with a couple lines of smaller white squares expanding out from the origin. The textures for debris and such are in place, so something isn't working properly in the rendering of detonations?

Edited by Boomerang

The texture issue on mac should be fixed in the next version. This texture issue also effects the custom explosion effects and that's why you see white boxes.

So in the next KSP update Lazor should actually be ready "on time" since i've been using it to test the new Application Launcher which is one of the systems i'm working on. I'm not sure if you have seen it but it's like a toolbar where you can add application buttons so everything is organized in one place, rather than having a lot of mod launch buttons overlapping eachother.

Can you fix "cannot board full module" bug, when there are couple command pods in physics range?

For example add to each kerbal link to last command capsule they were boarding. For example, if kerbal A was in capsule A and there are other capsules, kerbal A will be sent to capsule A not matter what, when they are in physics range.

I don't have this issue and im really not sure what is causing it. But i know people are having this issue. It's most likely related to the graphics card. So if everyone who has this issue would post what card they are using, perhaps i can narrow it down.

I have the same problem on my desktop with a Radeon HD 7950. On my gaming laptop with GTX 870M I have no such issue.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.