[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

I'm having a problem with Lazor Robotic Arms. If I dock a ship with a robotic arm to something launched earlier, the arm becomes nonfunctional. This happens when docking changes the name of a ship. Returning to Space Center and going back to the ship fixes this, but it makes it impossible (or at least, seems to) to "walk" the CanadArm around the station.

The CanadArm in this mod can NOT 'walk' (specificly, it can not attach the 'hand' end to the ship, and then release its 'base' end)

Version 28 is here, enjoy! :)

Download here: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/?s=%20&author_name=Romfarer

Changelog v28 (Jun 8):

• Lazor Powered: All plugins received stability updates so even though the features/bugfixes you want are on this list, it might have gotten fixed indirectly. A re-install is highly recommended.
  • Lazor Powered: It is now only possible to set the view distance of vessels. All other settings are handled dynamically. This should lead to greatly improved performance when running the game with a longer than standard view distance.
  • Lazor System: Massive performance boost when running the system with a lot of lazors. (in average you can now run 2x the amount of lazors with the same drain on your computer)
  • Lazor System: Lazor powered kerbals in seats should now work properly
  • Lazor System: Launch clamps will no longer explode or accidentally follow the vessel.
  • Lazor System: Lazors are no longer programmed to self destruct when no main module is present.
  • Lazor System: Remote Control updated. It now requires an active and focused lazor system to run. This system will now also have an option to use control surfaces + torque ("Use control surfaces") to control the vessel. If this option is not enabled, only torque will be used.
  • Lazor System: Fixed a minor issue with targets not being set properly when switching between vessels.
  • Robotic Arms: Kerbals on eva can once again be grabbed by the robotic arm.
  • Docking Cam: Added an option to resize the camera to a extra large window.

Edited by Romfarer

The CanadArm in this mod can NOT 'walk' (specificly, it can not attach the 'hand' end to the ship, and then release its 'base' end)

Well, if you attached a battery, a probe core and a docking port to the "base", it should work, right? Also, I'll have to check, but it's possible it'll work afterall, if I connect it to the ship which was launched earlier, it might not bug out and work correctly.

Is the EVA decoupling/welding working with 0.20.2 and v28? EVA first person and lamp worked properly, the decoupling/welding buttons are there, but they don't hit anything. There's no red lazor shooting out of the helmet

Is the EVA decoupling/welding working with 0.20.2 and v28? EVA first person and lamp worked properly, the decoupling/welding buttons are there, but they don't hit anything. There's no red lazor shooting out of the helmet

I am having the same issue, i really want to try this feature.

Everything should be under

GameData

|---Romfarer

----|---Parts

----|---PluginData

----|---sound

----|---textures

----|---Romfarer.dll

----|---RomfarerHSTWlaser.dll (if you are using the sunbeam)

The zip file you downloaded has the following folder structure:

Romfarer_LazorSystem_v27

|---GameData

----|---Romfarer

--------|---Parts (Parts, depends on which one of my mods you downloaded)

--------|---PluginData (will be generated by the system)

--------|---sound (8 wav sound files)

--------|---textures (38 png texture files)

--------|---Romfarer.dll (the plugin)

|---Ships (example vessels using lazor)

|---source_dontinstall (only comes with the lazor system download, no need to install this but it wont hurt if you do)

|---howtoinstall.txt (install instructions, it says: "Put everything in this folder into KSP_win, and replace any conflicts.")

|---Romfarer_LazorSystem_readme.txt

So all you have to do really is to install the mod like the howtoinstall.txt explains. Open the folder Romfarer_LazorSystem_v27, copy everything. Paste it into your KSP_win folder and overwrite.

If there are more than one Romfarer.dll anywhere inside your KSP_win folder OR you are missing files because you failed to overwrite or copy it properly, the mod will not work.

Ok, here's what Ive learned. Using ModManage to install lasers, the files & .dll were placed incorrectly. I got NO icons or graphics on the menus & no sounds. If i installed the files just as they come unzipped, it works fine WITH THE EXCEPTION that I also had to move the .dll file to the root Plugins dir for the docking camera to always be available whether or not i'm using the lasers.

First post! I'm having some trouble with this mod. I don't see the Sunbeam anywhere in the parts list in-game. I think I installed correctly (what do I do with the source_dontinstall folder?). Any having trouble finding the sunbeam?

First post! I'm having some trouble with this mod. I don't see the Sunbeam anywhere in the parts list in-game. I think I installed correctly (what do I do with the source_dontinstall folder?). Any having trouble finding the sunbeam?

It is a separate download. See all the links in Romfarer's signature

On a side note, are the lazors supposed to experience reentry effects?

0no8GLZ.jpg

Edited by brians200

I am having the same issue, i really want to try this feature.

Same issue here too, I'm running 20.2.

Oh, I thought I'd broken it somehow; but I'm having the same issue, I've done a clean reinstall of Lazor in order to get the last non-stock part off my ships (Even with the new patch, there's something seriously wrong with MapSat and the Soviet Pack unfortunately :( ) and the laser beams for explode and weld are not working for me too.

OK, I have confirmed a bug in the latest version. If the ship with a robotic arm on changes name during docking, the arm becomes nonresponsive. This is the same bug I reported for 2.7 before. Going back to Space Center and back to the craft fixes this.

I fixed the issues reported that i was able to reproduce. If your issue is not on this list, it means i need more information. (steps to reproduce, log's etc.)

Enjoy!

Changelog v28b (Jun 10):

• Lazorpowered kerbals on EVA: Now with 100% more working lazor.
  • Lazor System: Fixed an issue where lazors would be turned off (until forced on again) when hitting the vessel they were attached to.
  • Lazor System: Fixed an issue with lazors shooting through vessels.

Darth, your asking in the wrong thread. Romfarer is the DLL guy, the dll he made for the 2 existing arms will work fine with Dextre. The real issue is someone has to model Dextre first. Romfarer is not that guy.

(Romfarer has answered this question previously, I am paraphraseing his previous answers).

I had bombs in one of my earlier mods, but i removed them and created better missiles instead. The cruise missile is much more powerfull than the bombs ever were and it is a lot easier to hit things with it.

Since i haven't heard much after the patch i take it everything is working as advertised with version 28b?

Darth, your asking in the wrong thread. Romfarer is the DLL guy, the dll he made for the 2 existing arms will work fine with Dextre. The real issue is someone has to model Dextre first. Romfarer is not that guy.

Only partially true. Both Buran arm and CanadArm 2 are hardcoded into the DLL. It won't work with Dextre, Strela or any other robotic arm that has different joints from the two included ones. It'll work for the first CanadArm or (maybe, I'm not sure about that) for ERA, but only because the joints happen to match up with Buran's arm.

Actually Romfarer, for some reason the missiles aren't decoupling when I stage whether or not I have something targeted. They just make the decoupling noise but stay attached. I have B9 Aerospace installed, could this be the issue?..

Since i haven't heard much after the patch i take it everything is working as advertised with version 28b?

Well EVA is working now, thanks. I haven't tried the other things yet.

Is there a way for the Kerbals to move objects around in EVA?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.