[0.90] Lazor System v35 (Dec 17)

Romfarer

The robotic arms pack does not function with the 0.235 update.

The joint system was re-written in this update. And the robotic arms use those extensively. Im going to start looking into it but it might take a while if fixing them requires re-writing the whole code :P

I'm going to play around with all of my mods to see if i can find something else broken. Please let me know if you find anything else that breaks with the new update.

Romfarer, could you add functionality for Mobile Base System (IIRC, BobCat was supposed to model it, ask him how it's going) and CanadArm (moves the same as Buran arm, but should display a different caption)? The MBS would be a really great addition to ISS, and CanadArm is used by the CSS Space Shuttle mod (in form of reskinned Buran arm...).

I've found that the lazor EVA beam is broken by 0.23.5 as well. Hoping you can get the arms going again! I just started using them on my ships and stations recently and they were great!

The joint system was re-written in this update. And the robotic arms use those extensively. Im going to start looking into it but it might take a while if fixing them requires re-writing the whole code :P

I'm going to play around with all of my mods to see if i can find something else broken. Please let me know if you find anything else that breaks with the new update.

I too am having problems with garbled image output from the docking cameras, just as Bobe and FuriousSquirrel a few pages ago. Red pixelated dot-noise in the output.

http://i.imgur.com/5Dm83QW.png

The version of Lazors I'm using is v32b, and Kerbal is version 0.23.5 (ARM).

I've tested it with a freshly reinstalled Kerbal and this mod being the only mod installed.

My Computer specs, if it helps:

CPU: Intel; Core 2 Quad Q9450 @ 4x2.66GHz.

RAM: 8GB DDR2.

GFX: AMD; Sapphire Radeon HD7950 3GB, Catalyst Driver version 13.12 (most recent non-beta)

Audio: Auzentech X-Fi Forté

So how's the update going? Space Shuttle, Buran and ISS are are effectively crippled with those robotic arms gone. Those mods are kind of important to me, I'm very involved with them...

So this is what happened, in KSP 0.23.5 the joint system in KSP was changed. The robotic arms was a big hack but it still used some key features in the old system. Initially i thought i had to rewrite the whole robotic arm but as i got started with that i realized it would take me almost as long to do as it did to create them in the first place. Then today i had a realization, started over again, applied my "eureka hack" and it seems to be working fine in the few tests i have done.

These are the times i wish lazor was just a simple little mod :P

/Edit

Did some tests with the eva lazor as well, seems to work. What exactly was the issue with that one?

Edited by Romfarer

EVA issue was reported by azyouthinkyouiz, it's on page 156 (one back currently, but that can change fast ;) )

Amazing news on the arms! It sounded like the problem with them, joint code, could be related to problem currently keeping IR from working in .23.5. If so your flash of insight may lead to a fix there as well :)

@Romfarer if you get your arms fixed properly maybe you can talk to the guy doing the robotics thing mod (washers telescope arms and other things) so he can fix his mod with your solution?

That would be a hughe thing for the community.

If you need some testing for the arms post a link i will do (need them back for my shuttle, without them i have to do with an ugly bad moving tug... ;P )

Edited by Nightmare

@Romfarer Can't wait for the new arms!!

I have one question, is it possible to add the docking camera to the A.R.M. grapple? It would be quite helpful in my opinion, sometimes you have to be at a pretty awkward angles to see the grapple

Few Q's before I D/L:

- Do the docking ports have cameras like the lazors, or would I need to D/L the docking camera mod?

- Can this mod fully load ships far away (10+Km) so that parachutes will deploy? Because I'm building a re-usable launcher with jettison-able boosters, and they drift too far away for all of the parachutes to deploy within the normal 2.4Km range.

- How do I target the fuel transfer lazor at another ship?

- Is the mod properly integrated into the techtree in a way that will not require a custom tree to be loaded with treeloader?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Tommy59375
Because I can't spell/write/do other things that normal humans can.

I might be able to answer some of them for you Tommy.

1) This mod includes docking camera on all docking ports without the need of another addon.

2) You can adjust the loading distance via a window on the spaceport screen. Personally I've had problems using higher unload distances but I believe that to be with KSP itself or other mods not an issue with Lazor.

3) Turn on the lazor, open the targets screen, select the ship when click the target button. Be sure you have the resource transfer lazor installed on your ship to be able to transfer fuel.

4) Treeloader is not needed with this mod, it is* integrated into the stock tree for use right out of the box.

*I believe it is in good places, though it has been so long I don't recall if I modified the nodes or kept them stock.

I might be able to answer some of them for you Tommy.

1) This mod includes docking camera on all docking ports without the need of another addon.

2) You can adjust the loading distance via a window on the spaceport screen. Personally I've had problems using higher unload distances but I believe that to be with KSP itself or other mods not an issue with Lazor.

3) Turn on the lazor, open the targets screen, select the ship when click the target button. Be sure you have the resource transfer lazor installed on your ship to be able to transfer fuel.

4) Treeloader is not needed with this mod, it is* integrated into the stock tree for use right out of the box.

*I believe it is in good places, though it has been so long I don't recall if I modified the nodes or kept them stock.

Thank you very much for answering my rather noob-ish questions!

Do you know if parachutes on other, non-active vessels, will still auto-open within the extended load distance? Because I heard that they work kinda strange...

I don't know about them actually opening as the mods I use for parts recovery for reusing don't require the chutes to open, only that they would allow for a safe landing. ie assumes proper opening of the chute to recover the part.

I don't know about them actually opening as the mods I use for parts recovery for reusing don't require the chutes to open, only that they would allow for a safe landing. ie assumes proper opening of the chute to recover the part.

Which mod is that?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.