Rapidly shifting orbital trajectories

I am experiencing this issue with two probes; one which is Duna-bound, and one on it's way to Minimus. The Orbital trajectory blinks rapidly between two different paths. Screenshots, log file, and short video here: http://1drv.ms/1DSBnrg

Suggestions? It makes it awfully hard to plan maneuvers when clicking on the path becomes a game of whack-a-mole.... Lol!

Windows 32 bit

This bug is a result of floating point calculation error in the orbital trajectory predictions. We all encounter them from time to time, and there's nothing much that can be done about it.

You can temporarily stabilize the orbits by going to non-physical timewarp, but it's best to plan on making course corrections.

Has anyone besides smjjames and me seen this behavior? Does anyone have suggestions?

Have it on many occasions - They should do FPU rounding off (say to 1 metre, or another number) to eliminate this.

Last night I had 4 probes in orbit at 550Km and when I switched to one probe it suddenly gave me an orbit of 800Km ?? - A F9 sorted that problem out

:)

Edited by ColKlonk

This bug is a result of floating point calculation error in the orbital trajectory predictions. We all encounter them from time to time, and there's nothing much that can be done about it.

You can temporarily stabilize the orbits by going to non-physical timewarp, but it's best to plan on making course corrections.

Thanks... Unfortunately, I was sending out a probe to Duna before I can communicate that far (using RT2 and KCT, so I was planning ahead)... ah, well... it may be lost! lol!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.