Plugin which formats Game Data as LAN accessible Webpage

OrtwinS

Dear awesome plugin developers,

your skills are far beyond me, and I apologize in advance for requesting something this large and complex. However, I think this will be worth the effort.

Intro

I'm sure most of you have seen some of the myriad of external displays and controllers our fellow players produce in order to heighten the sense of immersion.

Ranging from 'simple' Ap&Pe LCD displays to complete switch-panels that allow one to control every facet of KSP game play.

Most of us don't have the hardware and/or software skills to even think about such a thing

Most of us do have a smartphone, or a tablet...

The request:

• A KSP plugin which can 'publish' useful game data as a simple webpage, which can than be accessed through any browser-capable device in your local network (192.168.x.y:z)
  • functionality to allow other plugin devs to display (parts of) their plugin on your local 'info web-page' (docking assist plugin? FAR-info graphs?)
  • input functionality, not just a one-way flow of info KSP->browser, but also controls->KSP. Maybe someone wants their action group buttons on their tablet, or their complex infernal robotics controls etc.

Suggestions:

• Automatic expand-collapse function for every plugin that offers info to the page. Screen real-estate is limited on most devices (especially phones).
    Example:

Info-page plugin

Bla, lots of info here

docking assist graphics here

plugin info
  • Some basic orbital info for capabilities demonstration. Most abilities of the webpage should be offered by other plugin devs. This plugin should be like the toolbar: a conduit through which other plugins can offer their functionality. (Trick is of course to make this as easy as possible for them).

Profit:

Less screen clutter of half a dozen plugins that all offer their useful info on screen

More displays & more graphics around you == More immersion!

Rewards:

• Rep
  • Good karma
  • The adoration of all KSP players who have a smartphone or tablet.
  • If you have Paypal, I'm even offering you $ 10.- reward, which -I know- isn't much considering the amount of work involved (I am not a rich man :( ). I'm hoping other people are also willing to chip in.

Questions:

Why a webpage?

I thought at first about a dedicated plugin&app combination. However this would create additional hurdles like platform (android/iOS/linuxphone). Everyone already has a browser, why not use that?

Suggestions for me to improve the formatting of this post, or improve the plugin-request itself are very welcome!

I'm not very happy with the current thread title... how to describe this request in a single sentence?

This plugin also needs a catchy name...

Edited by OrtwinS
typo's in BBcode

Telemachus does 2 out of 3 of those - shows all sorts of random info on web browsers, and lets you do basic controls (SAS, action groups, etc). It isn't extensible by other plugins as far as I know.

kRPC is another option - it's just the plumbing for getting data in/out of KSP; you'd have to build a web interface on top of it.

KSP TOT also has basic info display and command/control.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Kerminal is.. a terminal interface to Telemachus?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.