Cloned Kerbal

I did a mission to the mun. Command module with detachable lander. Jeb and Bob were in the command module and Lemdred Kerbman was in the LEM. Lemdred went on his mission, did a bunch of science and stuff. Due to... technical difficulties involving the RCS system on the LEM I was unable to dock the two ships back together. So I got them close enough for Lemdred to EVA over to the command module. He got out of the LEM and got the data from the goo can and the science jr. and spacewalked over to the Command module. He grabbed on to the ladder and I hit the button to board the ship.

I got all the green text showing that all the experiments were stored and Lemdred entered the command module. The only problem is that he is also still hanging on to the ladder... There are now TWO Lemdred Kerbman's; one in the command module and one hanging on to the ladder. The one outside could not board the ship because all seats are now taken up. So I did what any reasonable mission commander would do - I left the extra Lemdred there orbiting the mun and returned to Kerbin. Landed the Command module and everything was fine.

The problem: Evil Lemdred is still there orbiting the mun... Only now I can't "fly" him. He shows on the Tracking Station screen but you can't select him and you can't "terminate" him. If you go to the map screen and focus on him it switches to him but there is no model. I can't seem to get rid of his orbit line or the little Kerbal icon. I tried restarting the client but he is still there, watching and silently judging me.

Anyone ever see something like this before? This is a first time I have ever seen a Kerbal clone himself (though I suppose this may support a Kerbal asexual reproduction theory).

More importantly, anyone have any idea how I can make ghost Lemdred go away?

Thanks,

RW

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.