The longest ramp jump on Kerbin

Landing_zps00fc63aa.jpg

I drove a vehicle out to roughly where I first hit (middle of the picture above). Something like halfway between the end of the runway and the final resting place. That's 2.2km from the ramp. Might have been a tad further.

Edited by Foxster

My entry is ready:

http://imgur.com/a/jTzQM

Does not rely on exploitation of physicless parts but still makes it to the end of the runway (1.7 km distance). Also: explosions!

Craft and also some save files. Correctly positioning this beast takes a bit of time (it needs about 2.2 km run up) so I hope you can somehow load this save (I don`t know what`s actually needed to load these saves)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9qnbkn2dkoerfo/CraftSave.zip?dl=0

seeing as people have proven that they can jump all the way to the see and sea landings are not possible (with out parachutes) this has become who can get closest to the coast. maybe we should find a ramp facing inland. and maybe change the survive rules to be anything you can drive away from is fine?

Edit: Maybe you have to drive back to the ramp to prove your car is still drivable.

Edited by ttnarg

seeing as people have proven that they can jump all the way to the see and sea landings are not possible (with out parachutes) this has become who can get closest to the coast. maybe we should find a ramp facing inland. and maybe change the survive rules to be anything you can drive away from is fine?

Edit: Maybe you have to drive back to the ramp to prove your car is still drivable.

Maybe we could turn the jump direction to the other way, start at the opposite end of the run way and jump inland

Maybe we could turn the jump direction to the other way, start at the opposite end of the run way and jump inland
I'll have a look in a bit but I'd say we still need somewhere where the start of the run is near the end of the runway where you launch from so that there's not a lot of driving for each try.

Just having a Egg%20Custard%20Tart.JPG and a Cup-of-tea-300x281.jpg

Edited by Foxster

How about the ramp right by the SPH launch spot? So: launch, turn 90° left and drive out as far as you like and then turn around and drive at the "09".

That will give at least double the distance to the sea and perhaps a little hill to clear as an additional challenge.

Jump_zpscc793c6e.jpg

Got about the same distance (2.2km) with the same vehicle...

Slight improvement, about 2.6km...

Edited by Foxster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.