The Number War: Count to 100 or -100

RainDreamer

Basically, until a higher authority decides, any progress from now on might be completely worthless. Live in fear.

Logically since Prof. endwalker edited his post and it cannot be proved that I replied before said edit, I conclude that my post gets nulled. So yeah, we are at -4 by Ethan right now.

Which means -5 by me.

So this is a complex case due to edit. My general recommendation is don't edit once you post, because it cause these situation. I don't want to make rule to prevent editing during slow time where an edit wouldn't hurt. I also don't want to deal with edit rules because it is very hard to figure out if an edit has been made due to how forum works for short time edit just like this situation and makes it difficult to enforce. Short of forcing everyone to quote the post before them, that is, but that has its own problem since people can edit the quotes themselves, claiming it was like this before the original poster edited, and we have problems...

Anyway, in this case, Prof. End walker post:

-7 Join the dark side we have Wii U and N64s

Ninjad

This post is nulled, due to having two number at once in one post and can be interpreted either way, the same with people posting two numbers at once because they are unsure of the current number. It would have been the post that win out as per rule 7, but editing cause it to be nulled.

Edited by RainDreamer

so where are we now?

You guys are going to hate me... But hey, at least I'm telling you now and not at 94 :cool:

Looking at the sequence:

Deutherius: -6

Xannari: -5, last right post

Prof. Endwalker: -7 and -6, nulled

Deutherius: -8, reacting to Prof. Endwalker, nulled

Xannari: -5 (rightly confused), doesn't have any impact

Ethanadams: -4 (edit: to clarify - this is correct, last valid post is -5)

Deutherius: -5

...and so on. I see no incorrect posts past that, therefore the current number doesn't change at all. The last valid post before RainDreamer stepped in was:

-4 yep

...and that hasn't changed.

-6 but -5 from me

Sorry Ethan, but that doesn't count. You had the game already set at -4.

Which, again, means I set it to -5.

Edited by Deutherius

You guys are going to hate me... But hey, at least I'm telling you now and not at 94 :cool:

Looking at the sequence:

Deutherius: -6

Xannari: -5, last right post

Prof. Endwalker: -7 and -6, nulled

Deutherius: -8, reacting to Prof. Endwalker, nulled

Xannari: -5 (rightly confused), doesn't have any impact

Ethanadams: -4

Deutherius: -5

...and so on. I see no incorrect posts past that, therefore the current number doesn't change at all. The last valid post before RainDreamer stepped in was:

...and that hasn't changed.

Sorry Ethan, but that doesn't count. You had the game already set at -4.

Which, again, means I set it to -5.

Why don't you stop being a smartaleck and just play the game? Honestly, it's not like the world's at stake or anything. It's a ​FORUM GAME

- - - Updated - - -

Whatevs

Hey, leave him alone! To be fair, we should have been paying attention to the rules our-self. He's only following the OP, which (though unintentional) is more than we have been doing. This is a very fun game, and there is no reason to get ticked off at each other and risk having it closed.