Guess how much viruses my sis has on her laptop

Kreuzung

Wouldn\'t allow me for some reason.

Might of downloaded from a site that offers virus downloads...

It\'s alight though, my parents weren\'t that mad since I paid for the HDD with my own money.

It could have been the data format thingy.

Apple uses AHCI or something. I had to change the way the mobo read from harddrives whenever I swapped between Windows/OSX

How old is she?!

I had a basic knowledge of a PC when I was 9.

14. She knows almost everything about hamsters and other animals she likes so she is not stupid, she jsut belongs to the people who are not interested in computers. I already talked about format c:\ but I seem to be the only one who wants that...

Yeah that\'s how most people are, they aren\'t interested and you can\'t blame them or call them stupid for that.

Personally I like to know about the things I use on a daily basis, but I still can\'t get myself interested in learning about Mechanics (cars, refrigerators, etc.)

It\'s the whole point of careers, to become specialized in one aspect so that others don\'t need to be.

However it\'s not an excuse for thinking you\'re better than the IT Tech person you\'re asking for help from or being a total dick when he/she gives you advice on what to do.

That just pisses me off. You want my help? Fine, but don\'t bitch at me when I tell you what needs to happen or how you don\'t like what I\'m telling you.

I didn\'t like it when my car\'s alternator died, but I didn\'t bitch and scream at the mechanic who told me it would cost ~$100 to fix it or not have a car at all.

I\'m raging. Bbl.

14. She knows almost everything about hamsters and other animals she likes so she is not stupid, she jsut belongs to the people who are not interested in computers. I already talked about format c:\ but I seem to be the only one who wants that...

I\'m not implying she\'s stupid.

I\'m implying if she\'s going to be using a computer for online banking she should have an average knowledge of PC\'s.

Right now she has a basic.

I recommend a backup of music files scan them on a different computer, and remove the virused files.

Then reformat the disc and put the non virused files back on.

If she doesn\'t let you than let her money get stolen, if she tries to blame you tell your parents that she needed a disc reformat and she wouldn\'t allow you to reformat so it\'s her fault.

However it\'s not an excuse for thinking you\'re better than the IT Tech person you\'re asking for help from or being a total dick when he/she gives you advice on .

Is it alright when the advice is to pay $400 to fix a printer that can be replaced with a better one for $100? (Gotta love Dell)

Is it alright when the advice is to pay $400 to fix a printer that can be replaced with a better one for $100? (Gotta love Dell)

Those are telemarketers. They are a different species. Biologists haven\'t quite nailed it down yet, but they\'re almost certain they\'re evolutionary satanic derivatives.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Those are telemarketers. They are a different species. Biologists haven\'t quite nailed it down yet, but they\'re almost certain they\'re evolutionary satanic derivatives.

Thats a good thing to know. They are also the people that call and say that you have a viris on your computer, then hang up if you ask what your computers name is, and say that you don\'t have a computer.

Talked to my mother about format c, no, anyway, not my money...

Her money, her loss.

The same people that told me to reinstall windows (which I installed onto a corrupted hard drive) instead of getting the HD replaced, and when replacing my corrupted hard drive with anouther one, put in anouther corrupted one. Took me 2 years to get that laptop to a working condition, and it died soon after. Brought an HP, has worked for 5 months now. Way better.

I got viruses from Free Online Games(An actual site, not linking to it though.) I got AVG, it thought my schools site was a virus, so I removed AVG and got Avast!, that removed the viruses and blocked them from my computer.

Meh, I just use Microsoft Security Essentials. Seems to do it\'s job without bugging me much.

I don\'t ever plan on any software stopping all viruses from getting through, and honestly the best approach is smart browsing.

I generally know when I\'m taking a risk, and fully accept that risk/responsibility if I do get a virus

Malwarebytes is the best out there IMO.

Yep that\'s what I was told, and what I use.

I use MSE for everyday protection, and I expect it to fail at some point.

When it does fail, I have Malewarebytes on a flashdrive and CD that I can use to scan or boot from.

Generally, I get viruses that block .exe file execution, hence the Boot CD

laptop doesn\'t work anymore, probably harware fail. So this has solved itself more or less...

Virus probably did it...

One of the worms I had on the computer completely burned out the CPU..

That computer is now in the basement hopefully my cat didn\'t cut out the ribbon cables...

(My dad might buy a Windows 7 CD, More RAM and another CPU and power supply...

The power supply was 7 years old by then so it isn\'t surprising.

When you say doesn\'t work, what are the symptoms?

Honestly it\'s probably better/easier to just let them think it\'s dead and get a new one, but I\'m curious to see if a virus really did kill it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.