Guess how much viruses my sis has on her laptop

Kreuzung

Hi,

today my sis installed antivirus software on her laptop after running it 3 months and 4 days completely without. Well, the scanner found 64 hidden objects and aborted without even scanning for normal viruses...

Tomorrow I\'ll have to scan it with a boot CD based virus scanner.

Now, guess how much viruses I\'ll find. She is normally only active in forums about hamster, but I don\'t know what she and my brother did with that laptop (he is a Minecraft victim).

The user with the closest guess will be rewarded with nothing ;P

Hi,

today my sis installed antivirus software on her laptop after running it 3 months and 4 days completely without. Well, the scanner found 64 hidden objects and aborted without even scanning for normal viruses...

Tomorrow I\'ll have to scan it with a boot CD based virus scanner.

Now, guess how much viruses I\'ll find. She is normally only active in forums about hamster, but I don\'t know what she and my brother did with that laptop (he is a Minecraft victim).

The user with the closest guess will be rewarded with nothing ;P

What do you mean Minecraft victim?

Also... My guess is 0xFF.

Someone who does nothing than playing Minecraft with computers, has admin/mod rights on multiple servers, is in Minecraft forums with his smartphone all night, pulled more than 5 people into it and thinks that MC>KSP...

Someone who does nothing than playing Minecraft with computers, has admin/mod rights on multiple servers, is in Minecraft forums with his smartphone all night, pulled more than 5 people into it and thinks that MC>KSP...

So, someone addicted to Minecraft, eh? I don\'t know how you could get addicted to that... it gets boring after only a little while.

KSP is oh so much better.

I had like 80 viruses at one point...

All of them were Trojans and Worms...

One of the worms I had corrupted Windows so I had to reinstall windows on most of my computers...

That is why I now use Ubuntu, since there are less Linux users than windows users they don\'t make a whole lot of viruses...

Ever since I learned there are 8 bits in a byte, all multiples of 8 have become the most satisfying numbers for me.

You forgot the 0. You can encode 256 numbers in 8-bit but you have to respect the zero, otherwise it\'s vengeance will come over you.

She doesn\'t even know how to deinstall software. REALLY.

She attached a second screen by bruteforcing where the VGA cable belongs. That it works in the worst possible way doesn\'t really interest her. She just needs an old 1024*768 screen \'cause she hates the \'small text\' of modern screens ;P

She doesn\'t even know how to deinstall software. REALLY.

She attached a second screen by bruteforcing where the VGA cable belongs. That it works in the worst possible way doesn\'t really interest her. She just needs an old 1024*768 screen \'cause she hates the \'small text\' of modern screens ;P

I\'m appalled.

I\'m going to bet you will find 5-10 active processes.

Several hundred files outside of browser cache files will be infected.

Several THOUSAND files in the browser cache will be infected.

System restore will be compromised by the virus and will restore any removed viruses.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.