SweetFX Preset (Darker, Crisp and no oversaturated UI or Kerbals)

Thumpertron

I decided to put this up for anyone that's interested, personally I can't play KSP without it now. I've only made slight colour changes and such, but the goal is to make the game darker and more defined looking with deeper colours and while still being able to clearly see the UI. The changes are very subtle in the screenshots but it looks much better in game.

Feedback would be appreciated so I know what to improve. :)

-Download-

To install, extract the files to your KSP root folder and turn off in game anti-aliasing.

Press scroll lock to toggle on and off.

Mods used in screenshots

Better Atmospheres

Eve

Texture Replacer

Screenshot131823_zps75f419c5.png~original

[TABLE=width: 500, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]SweetFX OFF[/TD]

[TD=align: center]SweetFX ON[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Screenshot11599_zps0f7e89ad.png[/TD]

[TD]Screenshot11757_zps4d04b2b8.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Screenshot41438_zpsfcc0446e.png[/TD]

[TD]Screenshot41547_zps835750ca.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Screenshot48121_zps2e8db090.png[/TD]

[TD]Screenshot48218_zpse3dd427e.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Screenshot147155_zps96605c01.png[/TD]

[TD]Screenshot147189_zps45bdaae8.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Screenshot21708_zpsdfad1e2c.png[/TD]

[TD]Screenshot21900_zps74034a69.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Screenshot14873_zps7866b11c.png~original

Edited by Climberfx

Seems even a little tweak to a txt file loaded by a non-specific-to-ksp visual enhancer requires a license. Pretty soon I'll need a license to go to the potty. Wonder what the best license for a pee-break would work out to?

Well, since you are sharing and to avoid further problems on how others use it, and because in the past that happen, we now have these in rules.

Not a problem, just a way to keep the peace.

I think if you think about you will understand the purpose.

Cheers!

Edited by Climberfx

This official release thread for SweetFX contains all the information you might need. I have used SweetFX with many games in the past with great success, and look forward to seeing how KSP fares.

From the SweetFX download page - "SweetFX is a universal image improvement and tweaking mod, that works with almost any 32-bit DirectX 9, 10 or 11 game or application."

Just to clarify, SweetFX was not explicitly made to use with KSP/Unity nor is it the brainchild of any member of the KSP community. It is a Direct3D wrapper. I feel Squad should review this aspect of its modding policy, as SweetFX should not be considered a "plugin" for "KSP" as in reality it only offers "fancy game-specific shader configurations" for "the primary graphics driver of the Microsoft Windows operating system."

@Thumpertron

is there a reason why you used the 1.5 version ? There is already v2 out of sweetfx. At least according to the screens you have better settings then i had :D

The latest version of SweetFX is incompatible with modern windows operating systems.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.