I landed my first spaceplane!

VincentMcConnell

Nice! Welcome to the club. As you can tell, I\'m probably more fond of planes than spacecraft in this game. Crazy, considering it\'s Kerbal SPACE Program. One suggestion, though... a vertical stabiliser of some sort is definitely a good idea on any plane, especially as they get bigger. Not sure why, haven\'t forgotten to put one on for a long time, but it\'s just a good plan.

Yes, a vertical stabilizer is a good idea. It helps keep the tail aligned with the nose, so you don\'t slip and skid sideways through turns. Also helps prevent unwanted roll.

Still, nice job. I like that your plane is small and simple; those tend to be more fun, IMO.

Quite fun, isn\'t it?

Now, start landing planes at the same spot. I\'ve got two, and I plan to just see how many I can fit in this area ;)

I\'ve tried parking my cruisers next to eachother, but when get close, the physics kick in and the combination of thousands of parts with water physics makes me crash them since I can\'t get off the throttle. :(

Took me two hours to get it right I am ashamed to admit, though I was only using basic C7 parts. Probably I\'m just bad. Any tips on adjusting your orbit so you can land in specific locations?

I managed to get a shuttle made from C7 parts into orbit and then land succesfully on the ksp runway once(and it was back before the orbital map had been added). Haven\'t been able to do it again since lol