I just rescued a capsule that was stuck in orbit

species.zero

So, a few days ago, I was practicing some stuff in orbit. I had a small spacecraft, and I was practicing touching the separated lower stage with it. Well, while I was doing this, I accidentally engaged the engine and rammed the lower stage, blowing everything to pieces. The capsule survived - but everything got blown off of it, including the parachute.

But, rather than let the crew die, I decided to mount a rescue mission. I built this rocket, with a leg claw and three parachutes

5qRfG.jpg

And then I made my way to the derelict capsule

WaX5G.jpg

K3XaD.jpg

5pbNw.jpg

Once I got there, after a lot of failed docks, I finally grabbed the capsule

Bajsw.jpg

However, I discovered that the claws didn\'t actually hold it very well. On my first grab, it just rolled out. So, I got in front of the capsule, and as I grabbed it, I started up the engines on low power, hoping to pin it to the spacecraft.

81kM9.jpg

Miraculously, it worked!

giRSt.jpg

uWzbt.jpg

I had just enough fuel to slow it down enough to get the parachutes to open and to slow it as it approached the ocean. Most of the spacecraft was destroyed on spashdown, but both capsules survived and all crew made it home safely! :D Needless to say I couldn\'t believe my plan worked. That was one of the hardest things I\'ve ever done in a game, but it was a lot of fun.

But, rather than let the crew die, I decided to mount a rescue mission. I built this rocket, with a leg claw and three parachutes

You sir have found a way to dock things! Thumbs up to you!

Very nice, and no ASAS too, I bet that craft pulled to the right a lot even before grabbing the capsule, my hat\'s off to you and your flying skills.

Oh my goodness, that thing was hard to fly. I opted for no ASAS to keep the weight as low as possible on the spacecraft, since the whole thing had to splashdown. I found that listening to this helps: