A very special gift from Shapeways! (Ended)

KasperVld

I was thinking of Earth as both the planet and as ground. So my guess would've been Submarines, Aircraft carriers, Ect. But thats a big number of people, so the percentage wasn't right.

Never even thought of the ISS, well played Squad, pulling a space question over a space community's head. :sticktongue:

• 2 weeks later...

There doesn't really need to be any complex string analysis performed on the answer, and there's no need to worry about entering it in a specific way being wrong.

The by far simplest, most reliable and most fair way of drawing a winner in a competition with a single text field for an answer is:

1.) Randomize a candidate out of all entrants

2.) Manually check the answer field

3.) If answer correct ---> this is the winner

4.) If answer wrong ---> go to 1.)

This ensures that you do not need any software or infrastructure beyond a simple SQL database that's queried by hand, and a free public website like random.org that supplies reliable random numbers on demand. It's the cheapest way to implement such a contest.

Additionally, it ensures that the answer field is read by a human, and evaluated in the spirit of the question, not matched against a predefined string. A human will easily identify any possibly variation in wording and spelling of the correct answer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's not a con, per se, but figurine is fitted with listening equipment, and rigged to explode if winner stops playing KSP ...

It's not a con, per se, but figurine is fitted with listening equipment, and rigged to explode if winner stops playing KSP ...

I'd like to request when the figurine explodes, it explodes into a two-part figure and not confetti potato chips. As per many signatures I see.

• 1 month later...