How to select hidden parts ? (construction facility)

Is there any trick to select hidden parts (in the construction facilities)?

For example - when a strut is attached to a wing part and it's root is neither visible nor selectable afterwards,

or - if a landing gear has been offseted into the fuselage this far, that it's no longer selectable in a usual manner.

Greetings Martin

Edited by ^^artin

Use ctrl-z to fall back, if you done that recently.

Otherwise, reload. Failed that, reconstruct the craft - sometimes I have to do it for exact reason.

I wonder, if there is a mod, that shows craft as part tree - as it saved in .craft and .sfs files, with ability to remove any part, or part tree, or see which parts are really connected with struts.

My personal tip if you're constructing an intricate rocket/lander with lots of moving parts or detailed structural work (i.e. things you have to take your time to line up carefully or engage in some kind of wizardry to make attach right) is to save immediately after satisfactory placement of the parts or set of parts. Don't adjust stages first, don't tweakables something, save first, THEN make further adjustments. CTRL+Z will undo your last action but this can also bug up your action groups on occasion, and I don't like nasty surprises midflight. Basically if I make a booboo and pick up a whole segment of my build with lots of things attached to it, I reload the "safe" save rather than risking errors creeping in. If I lose a part I swore I just had, I reload. No screwy struts, no nonfunctional action groups, no 1+x staging.

Ctrl+Z can be very buggy. Please use with caution.

Personally I find the best way to get to hidden parts is to keep practicing with the camera. Also, using shift+click to move the whole ship a little can help see into those small parts if you have problems with the fine placement of the camera.

I also recommend saving right before you pull off something if you are having difficulty. It can save some headache if you accidentally pull off too much.

Cheers,

-Claw

Worst case, move/zoom the camera to be inside the parent part. This allows you to select sunk landing gear. Struts are trickier though...

Agreed, i use to do it like that, i never use CTRL+Z, had some glitches when lots of parts being allready assembled.

Zooming in and find your part works allways.

Thanks for all proposals.

Shifting the camera into the part, covering the "hidden" object, is working well for me.

It does even work with the hidden struts inside the wing. :)

Shame on me - I had even used this technique before sometimes, but somehow, I didn't thought about it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.