Some Relief for Memory Outage Crashes

10 hours ago, steve_v said:

Why yes, yes it did :)

First things first, Atmospheric Sound Enhancement is borking badly:

Reveal hidden contents

Exception handling event onPartUnpack in class AtmosphericSoundEnhancement:System.MissingMethodException: UnityEngine.AudioSource UnityEngine.Component.get_audio()
  at ASE.AtmosphericSoundEnhancement.OnPartUnpack (Part part) [0x00010] in <58eb54730d4d4caab52fc63c7f3d2b7a>:0 
  at EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) [0x000b0] in <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0 

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

Uploading Crash Report
MissingMethodException: UnityEngine.AudioSource UnityEngine.Component.get_audio()
  at ASE.AtmosphericSoundEnhancement.OnPartUnpack (Part part) [0x00010] in <58eb54730d4d4caab52fc63c7f3d2b7a>:0 
  at EventData`1[T].Fire (T data) [0x000b0] in <c1858a3f77504bd1aaa946fdccf84670>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
EventData`1:Fire(Part)
Part:Unpack()
Vessel:GoOffRails()
OrbitPhysicsManager:LateUpdate()

Probably because it hasn't been updated since... 2015. Why on earth do you have such an ancient mod installed? :confused:

You also appear to have MiniAVC, I'm not sure if it's problems have been solved or not, but it was standard advice to remove all traces of it for a while.

Other than that though, I don't see a smoking gun for an out of memory situation (as is the topic of this thread). A bunch of NREs to be sure, but no allocation failure. Is that log from a run that crashed or what?

It was from a run where my game got an infinite loading when I tried to launch/track a vessel from the tracking station

And I thought the ASE was compatible because my friend said there was no problem on using old mods on new versions

12 hours ago, steve_v said:

You also appear to have MiniAVC, I'm not sure if it's problems have been solved or not, but it was standard advice to remove all traces of it for a while.

It should not be used again, there is a v2 version, but this is not that.  Install ZeroMiniAVC to get rid of all traces of the bad version

1 hour ago, Neil Kermstrong said:

It was from a run where my game got an infinite loading when I tried to launch/track a vessel from the tracking station

And I thought the ASE was compatible because my friend said there was no problem on using old mods on new versions

It depends on the mod.  Part-only mods are usually ok, but anything with a DLL will likely need to be newer than that.  If you are running 1.10.1, then most mods which are built for 1.8 and later will work; mods older than that are not ok

17 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It should not be used again, there is a v2 version, but this is not that.  Install ZeroMiniAVC to get rid of all traces of the bad version

It depends on the mod.  Part-only mods are usually ok, but anything with a DLL will likely need to be newer than that.  If you are running 1.10.1, then most mods which are built for 1.8 and later will work; mods older than that are not ok

I'll try uninstalling some mods then.

Sadly I got some vessels with parts from multiple mods so I can't remove them all

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just uninstalled ASE and the other sound mod I had (that was made by the same guy and updated for the last time on 2015 I think) and installed your ZeroMiniAVC mod and it seems to have improved, no crashes, no FPS drops, no infinite loading screen and I think my game is running better in general. I'll test it a bit more

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.