LEGO Ideas Saturn V

Tex Mechs Robot

There already was a lego Saturn V, albeit simple. (I have it)

Doubt they would do it again, but I'll give it a go anyways.

set 7468-1 right? my issue with this one is that the individual parts aren't the same scale. still a nice model though. LEGO re-does models with different scales and complexities all the time. take the millennium falcon and the x-wing as two easy examples.

at any rate. thanks for the support!

But why is the S-IVB separating at the Moon?

Because it represents the truth. There was no moon landing.

Armstrong and Aldrin actually started out on the moon, took some pictures, and then built the Apollo program to send themselves to earth, rescuing Collins from lunar orbit along the way.

I'm not really sure if it is necessary for Lego to make WW2 sets. Brickmania makes good WW2 Lego sets.

Nevertheless, good luck with the campaign.

But Brickmania sells their sets for outrageous prices! I once paid over a hundred dollars for a UH-1 Iroquois helicopter set, something that would have only been about $30 under Lego.

This project jumped over 50+ supporters in one day! That's a HUGE impact on the overall project. The more support we get, the more it snowballs! It starts to be included on e-mail blasts, front page updates, and so on. If you haven't already, go to the site and support the project!!!

It is a free process with no commitment (you do have to create a LEGO Ideas account and can opt out of any emails they want to send you) and the whole thing takes about 10 minutes max.

If this makes it to the shelves, it could be another venue for getting kids and young adults interested in space flight, rocketry, science, and exploration. DO YOUR PART :-)

off topic... when i was a child my SATURN V has this:

http://lego.brickinstructions.com/06000/6950/012.jpg

I played a primitive KSP with legos... and of course the rocket was my saturn V with his 3D LEGO simulations (not in my computer) also in real life. :D :D :D

http://cache.lego.com/media/nxtlog/efb1fb55-b99c-4549-bae1-56104ddd386b/800x723/ScreenShot001.png

That's Benny's ride lol.

Now this is a LEGO set I want to own. Haven't wanted one in years.

I can't say the same lol. I buy LEGO all the time but this one bridges my love for space and LEGO. The creator of this one also has an Apollo 17 set on LEGO Ideas that is fantastic.

Make sure you go support the project and get everyone you know to do the same. there's no commitment to actually buy one or spend money so just get those that want you to be happy to click the "support" button!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.