Out of memory when loading up?!

The loading hangs up on Module Manager : FINAL and places this error message in KSP_log =

OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory
at (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_mono_string_alloc (intptr)

at (wrapper managed-to-native) string:InternalAllocateStr (int)

at System.String.Concat (System.String str0, System.String str1) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader.PrettyConfig (.ConfigNode node, System.Text.StringBuilder& sb, System.String indent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader.PrettyConfig (.ConfigNode node, System.Text.StringBuilder& sb, System.String indent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader.PrettyConfig (.UrlConfig config) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

I'm at 1.9GB used.

I tried again and got this at the bottom of the KSP Data output_log:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[ModuleManager] Applying node UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kolonization/MMIVA/@PART
[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0],!INTERNAL
[*]]:FINAL to UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kolonization/Parts/MK3_Akademy/MK3_Akademy

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[ModuleManager] Applying node UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kolonization/MMIVA/@PART
[*]:HAS[#CrewCapacity[>0],!INTERNAL
[*]]:FINAL to UmbraSpaceIndustries/Kolonization/Parts/OKS_HabRing/OKS_HabRing

OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory
at (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_mono_string_alloc (intptr)

at (wrapper managed-to-native) string:InternalAllocateStr (int)

at System.String.Concat (System.String str0, System.String str1) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ModuleManager.MMPatchLoader.PrettyConfig (.UrlConfig config) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

MiniAVC -> IssueGui was destroyed.

MiniAVC -> Starter was destroyed.

Hi ,

my consideration :

A) . remove temporarly the folder "UmbraSpaceIndustries" from GameDate. - restart Game again & check result...

B) . use the newest version of KSP 1.0.4 in case u have KSP version 0.9 or above use ATM - ActiveTextureManagement to save RAM during KSP gameplay and improve performance !

generally :

- use a good and new performant Graphiccard so you can aviod the major KSP gamplay problems

- use more RAM as possible

- set your Gameplay at 'half resolution' when you use various MODS -> more mods means you lose RAM during gameplay

- cheers !

Raendy

WHy use more RAM, KSP loads up to 4GB and then crashes... no sense in having anything over 6-8GB in total as KSP crashes well before that anyway. This game is one of the most buggy games out there, I'd swear it was a beta version with all the stuff that is broken: physics blowing stuff up, wobbling, oscillating, colonies disappearing, needing mods to add stuff the game should provide, just loading up everything into memory for no reason.... and that's only the stuff I've seen during the few days I've been playing. This could be the greatest game ever, but it's so broken I'm starting to wonder why I am wasting time and why I paid money.

• 1 year later...

Mine gets stuck on ModuleManager:FINAL or ModuleManager:LEGACY and when I go to the Debug Menu and 'Debug', I get 'ModuleManager|ModuleManagerERROR|Out Of Memory'. It's either that or a ModuleManager Reload Database thing at the top of my screen. I clicked it, and it removed every part from the game and everything, and I lost all my saves, .craft files, and everything. Even had to pay for KSP AGAIN just to be able to play it.

14 hours ago, KerbalManiac said:

Mine gets stuck on ModuleManager:FINAL or ModuleManager:LEGACY and when I go to the Debug Menu and 'Debug', I get 'ModuleManager|ModuleManagerERROR|Out Of Memory'. It's either that or a ModuleManager Reload Database thing at the top of my screen. I clicked it, and it removed every part from the game and everything, and I lost all my saves, .craft files, and everything. Even had to pay for KSP AGAIN just to be able to play it.

Better to start a new thread than bump one that is a year and a half old, a lot of the info here is outdated.