Is this alternate solar system possible?

ChrisSpace

Looking through this system idea, I like it a lot! So... Many... Habitable... Places! Also, another part of the monolith has been deciphered: "If any intelligent life develops in this system and reads this, please send 500 million Altarian dollars to the Horsehead Nebula to cover the costs of making this system habitable. Thank you in advance. Also, please appreciate the fjords of Norway. I worked hard on them. Sincerely, Slartibartfast, Starship Bistromath, representing Magrathea Planet Manufacturing Corp."

Going to update based on the fact that dione has underground oceans?

also I had a really cool idea for a planet: a rocky world that due to its extremely high angular velocity has very weak gravity on the equator, and as a result is a near vacuum, but at the poles the gravity is higher, and as a result is capable of holding on to a fairly dense atmosphere

• 1 month later...
On 2016-10-17 at 11:08 PM, insert_name said:

Going to update based on the fact that dione has underground oceans?

also I had a really cool idea for a planet: a rocky world that due to its extremely high angular velocity has very weak gravity on the equator, and as a result is a near vacuum, but at the poles the gravity is higher, and as a result is capable of holding on to a fairly dense atmosphere

This project is on Hiatus for now.

I'm basically holding up whatever is left of this, and I lack the time to actually update it much anymore. And I'm not willing to sacrifice the level of detail here.

So what is here is the end, really, for now.

There were plans for a NIbiru system, but that's on hold.

The simulations also need to be completed.

Not sure with Dione, I think I rejected the idea for some reason. Not that it would be habitable anyways.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.