Debug Menu

Hi @woodmax77, welcome to the forms!  It should just be alt+F12 unless there is some specific win10 issue, but I've not heard of that. 
Also, for questions like this you will probably find you get better answers if you post here - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/7-gameplay-and-technical-support/

13 minutes ago, katateochi said:

Hi @woodmax77, welcome to the forms!  It should just be alt+F12 unless there is some specific win10 issue, but I've not heard of that. 
Also, for questions like this you will probably find you get better answers if you post here - http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/7-gameplay-and-technical-support/

Okay thank you also how do i download and use mods for KSP

On 2/9/2016 at 6:50 PM, woodmax77 said:

Also when do i do the alt+f12 in the game

If you're brand-new to the game, I'd suggest steering clear of the debug menu unless you have some good reason to use it.  It basically has two uses:

1. Cheating.  (i.e. giving yourself infinite fuel, turning off gravity, etc.)
  2. Getting arcane technical information about various game internals for diagnosing specific problems.

#1 may be tempting, but if you start out that way, you're going to have trouble weaning yourself off it and you'll miss out on much of the fun of KSP.  So see if you can skip it (at least until you know your way around KSP and better know the rules you're breaking), is my advice.  ;)

#2 will be a bunch of incomprehensible gibberish to you until you get much more familiar with the game, so it can wait, too.

On 2/9/2016 at 6:47 PM, woodmax77 said:

1. Find a site that has mods on it.  Various ones are out there,  spacedock.info is my favorite.
  2. Download the mod from the site.  Typically this will be a .zip file.
  3. Follow the instructions for installing the mod.  Nearly always this will be a very simple thing, like "take the contents of the GameData folder from inside the zip file, and copy them to the contents of the GameData folder in your KSP installation."

Again, you may want to wait just a bit to find your way around the "stock" game before you start tinkering with mods, but of course that's up to you.

10 hours ago, woodmax77 said:

In addition to the way @Snark says there is also the CKAN mod manager which as well as installing the mods for you will also make sure that any dependencies are installed (and then makes getting updates easier).  But even if you use the mod manager, I'd still recommend familiarizing yourself with the manual install process (not all mods are available via CKAN, and if things go odd it's good to know your way around).

I also agree that you should stay clear of the debug menu to start with and mods can be absolute mine field.  Don't get me wrong, I love KSP mods, but they can cause you to have a very unstable game.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.