I have had KSP for years but never bothered to make a forums account till now. The reason being is due to a slight problem.

My rockets go way too fast. For instance, a command module with a flea booster gets to 10,000 meters on half throttle. 

This makes the game virtually unplayable, because bigger rockets get shot down by aerodynamics. 

This problem never occurred on any of my previous computers. Pls send help

specs:

windows 10 home edition 

quad core Intel i5

nvidia 960m

Edited by bombbirddude

I just recently got this computer and got the newest version on their site.

I am well aware that you can not change speeds with solid rocket boosters. However the same problem occurs with liquid fuel rockets.

On my old computer running the same version, these problems do not exist.

Edited by bombbirddude

No, they can't. You can limit their thrust in the editor, but speed and acceleration will change during flight.

But let's back up a bit. Are you saying that an identical craft with identical settings performs differently on your two PCs in the same version of KSP? Can you show us some example pics?

42 minutes ago, bombbirddude said:

I just recently got this computer and got the newest version on their site.

As @Rocket In My Pocket said, it's the new aerodynamics model. 

When version 1.0 was released it drastically changed the way atmospheres behave, and was further tweaked until 1.0.5. Most see this as a good thing, as it is more realistic behavior than the old "soup-o-shere". 

The most notable things are that "pancake" style rockets that are as wide (or wider) than they are tall no longer work very well. It's best to make your rockets look like real life rockets, long and pointy, and you'll probably need some fins at the bottom. 

The other thing is reentry and parachutes. Since the old "think" lower atmosphere is gone, you might have trouble slowing down enough just from drag to be able to deploy parachutes. You'll have to go for a more gentle reentry. From low Kerbin orbit (70-100km) your periapsis should be around 30-40km. 

The parachutes got quite a change to them as well. If you're going too fast and deploy them they will be "destroyed by heat and aerodynamic forces". The icon for the chutes in the staging list will change colors depending on whether it's safe to deploy them or not. The breakdown is this: gray background & white icon is safe to deploy; yellow bg & white icon is risky to deploy; red bg and white icon is unsafe; gray bg and blue icon is the chute has been staged, but not yet deployed (this is called "armed" in the right click menu for the chute, and you can disarm it there if you want); gray bg and yellow icon is semi-deployed; gray bg and green icon is fully deployed; and finally gray bg & red icon is destroyed. 

There are lots of other things that have changed, I suggest you look around in the Gameplay Questions and Tutorials forums to see what other changes happened and how other players deal with them. Then if you have more questions post them in the gameplay questions forum. 

Edit: dang it, I missed the part where you said you had the same version on an old computer and didn't have the problem. Just ignore me, I'll go be "helpful" somewhere else for a while. 

Edited by FullMetalMachinist

Unfortunately I had to sell my previous laptop. But I have a half decent idea. Let us both make this rocket and test it to see how high it gets. 1 command module with a m16 parachute, 2 mystery goo on the command module, and one flea solid rocket booster.

Report the highest speed that you got, and your apophasis.

513 meters per second was the highest I got. With an apophasis of 9,432 meters

But what I do remember from my old laptop was that I didn't change any of the settings at all, and it was the same version.

Edited by bombbirddude

3 hours ago, bombbirddude said:

Unfortunately I had to sell my previous laptop. But I have a half decent idea. Let us both make this rocket and test it to see how high it gets. 1 command module with a m16 parachute, 2 mystery goo on the command module, and one flea solid rocket booster.

Report the highest speed that you got, and your apophasis.

But what I do remember from my old laptop was that I didn't change any of the settings at all, and it was the same version.

About the same. That is what you would call the most famous career rocket.

11 hours ago, bombbirddude said:

Same speed but only 8300m, 10300 without the goo. If you really think your physics are borked you might want to delete your physics.cfg.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.