UI Scaling

Moesly_Armlis

Agreed, these feature are excellent.

What's needed now are KSPedia pages that explain what everything does in the various 'settings' menus, and maybe tooltips that appear when hovering over the slider bars and tick boxes.

I know right?

Awesomeness!

I'm now just trying to find the right combination of sizes and positioning ...

Oh, and +MoeslyArmlis, got a spare bag of Plutonium Nyborg?   :)

Edited by RW-1

4 hours ago, Brainlord Mesomorph said:

Finally! :)

Yup -- this is something a lot of people wanted, including myself.  It might be, though, that the kluge they had to make with Unity 4 and the UI in versions prior to 1.1 would have made this impossible or exceedingly difficult.

Regardless, I'm very happy to see it.  I like the idea of various parts being only as intrusive as I want them to be for different missions (and different phases within a single mission).

3 hours ago, Nikolai said:

Yup -- this is something a lot of people wanted, including myself.  It might be, though, that the kluge they had to make with Unity 4 and the UI in versions prior to 1.1 would have made this impossible or exceedingly difficult.

Regardless, I'm very happy to see it.  I like the idea of various parts being only as intrusive as I want them to be for different missions (and different phases within a single mission).

Enhanced NavBall has been doing it forever so I don't think so.  I think it's just more likely it was on the back burner and when they resized the NavBall to be more console friendly it became an issue and thrust to the front burner.

9 hours ago, RW-1 said:

Oh, and +MoeslyArmlis, got a spare bag of Plutonium Nyborg?   :)

Nah, that stuff is too dangerous around kerbals and does not cure cancer..

13 hours ago, Brainlord Mesomorph said:

FYI "Map Filter" is that gray thing on the top of Map View that turns on and off different kinds of ships.

Thanks

Edited by MoeslyArmlis
good nyborg

18 hours ago, Alshain said:
21 hours ago, Nikolai said:

Enhanced NavBall has been doing it forever so I don't think so.

For the navball, yes, and that is significant.  But I'm looking forward to handling other parts of the UI properly as well.

1 hour ago, Brainlord Mesomorph said:

OK the font scaling is really a problem.

I just my burn was in T minus 1 minute. And it was T PLUS one minute.

Ug, I know. The default widget scaling is way too big, but shrinking the widgets to an appropriate size makes the text fuzzy and terribly difficult to read. Why can't we have both nice sized widgets and readable text? Why?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.