[1.1.2]Many parts replaced by exhaust fx

Hi,

Since I updated to 1.1.2 some parts have been replaced by some engine exhaust fx. For example the small inline reaction wheel, battery packs and solar arrays

This is an OKTO with a small battery pack and a solar array. Looks like that in construction and in flight.

I already did a completely fresh install, preserving only my save files. I had Automated science sampler installed, but removed it and made another clean installation.

Didn't find anything online or here, sorry if this is a known issue, I'm new here.

Anyone having the same issue?

Yes, Dan's Gaming on Twitch just had the issue live in front of 2000 viewers.

It happened in Career mode, and the model wasn't "replaced"... he chose a small SRB as the root part of a new vessel and it immediately spewed exhaust out the bottom and towards the flag... while in the VAB. 

He deleted Collusion FX and Firespitter, and the issue disappeared. 

https://www.twitch.tv/dansgaming/v/66799594?t=21m50s

Hope this helps!

Edited by DasValdez
added time link to twitch vod

This is usually due to mod interaction, though you said you did a clean install. Please make sure you didn't try to install over the previous install. Even deleting mods, they sometimes leave bits behind.

If you are still getting this with stock, please upload your logs and provide a description of what you were doing before this happens. That will help us track down what's going wrong.

You can look here for where to find the logs.

I completely wiped the folder before putting in a fresh copy from the website. I got the non installer version. I restored my savegame and ship files, that is all that remained.

I'll kick those out too and see if it works. Pity, but I was just starting again anyway.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.