[STOCK] WW2 Panzerkampfwagen Tiger Ausf. E (Tiger I)

The Tiger I was a German heavy tank of World War II deployed from 1942 in Africa and Europe usually in independent heavy tank battalions. Its final designation was Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger Ausf. E often shortened to Tiger. The Tiger I gave the Wehrmacht its first armoured fighting vehicle that mounted the KwK 36 88-mm gun (not to be confused with the 8.8 cm Flak 36). Only 1,347 were built between August 1942 and August 1944. Production was phased out in favour of the Tiger II.

h0yDOjA.png

It's pretty big, but the turret has a functional rotating turret (Thanks to selfish_meme for ideas).

Instructions for operation: 

1. Once spawned, decouple turret.

2. Rotate turret with Q and E. If stuck, attempt pitching it up and down (W and S.)

3. Switch to other craft with [ or ] and drive around with W and S.

Specifications: 

Parts: 342

Max speed: 10-12 m/s

Craft file: https://kerbalx.com/Columbia/Pzkpfw-Tiger-Ausf-E

Thanks for viewing!

32 minutes ago, YoeriCookie said:

I dont like the wheels, but we dont have any tracks in KSP so it's fine I guess.

I guess I can make "tracks" for aesthetic purposes, and add wheels under it that actually move it, but that's a pretty crappy solution.

Actual tracks would be unreliable as heck, difficult and besides, it would be really high part count.

1 hour ago, Bubbadevlin said:

Looks good, honestly the hull looks a little out of proportion and the ground clearance looks WAY too high, but I love the turret and gun! 

Hmm, the ground clearance seems fine to me.

Avx1Vng.jpg

It's the turret that's a little too big.

10 hours ago, Bubbadevlin said:

Yea, i guess.. 

Still, there is no "lower lower" plate 

Might have been because of the schematics/blueprints I was viewing.. they're not always able to show the whole thing.

- Add the lower glacis, aka the almost-bottom plate.

- make the body slightly larger

-i know this isn't historically accurate, but add plating on the sides so it's less obvious that you're using wheels that are meant for space.

that's about it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.