Kerbin Static Cloud

Hi Guys! Is there any chance of you having a texture for Texture Replacer or Know where  to find a static cloud texture for kerbin? I`ve used all the mods that can add clouds but all of them hit the performance like when i dont have any visual mod, My FPS is on a steady 60+ FPS but when i use a visual mod it always get to 20-25FPS though i dont get any crash at all but its hard to control a rocket on that kind of FPS . Any Suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :D 

17 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Hi Guys! Is there any chance of you having a texture for Texture Replacer or Know where  to find a static cloud texture for kerbin? I`ve used all the mods that can add clouds but all of them hit the performance like when i dont have any visual mod, My FPS is on a steady 60+ FPS but when i use a visual mod it always get to 20-25FPS though i dont get any crash at all but its hard to control a rocket on that kind of FPS . Any Suggestion or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :D 

You're probably talking about this:

i have link from mediafire,which is not supported by this forum

these textures are from universe replacer,so you need to rename them properly to work with Texture Replacer(for kerbin=KerbinScaledSpace300)but if you go to TR Op,under the examples you'll find all the necessary information.

On 5/30/2016 at 1:52 AM, ZooNamedGames said:

Pssh- my max FPS is 4 during a launch. You got it good man.

Oh why? My settings are:

Terrain: High

Scatter: 50%

Texture Resolution: Half

Rendering: Beautiful

Aerodynamic Effect: Low

NO AA / Shadow / Light pixels / V-Sync OFF.

AA And V-Sync Is a FPS Killer and Game Crasher for me.

Maybe you are using Real plume so thats why your PC lags when launching? Like mine .

My FPS is 20-30 ( ONLY ) When launching with SRB`s.

Edited by Space Pirate

On 5/30/2016 at 6:02 PM, sebi.zzr said:

You're probably talking about this:

i have link from mediafire,which is not supported by this forum

these textures are from universe replacer,so you need to rename them properly to work with Texture Replacer(for kerbin=KerbinScaledSpace300)but if you go to TR Op,under the examples you'll find all the necessary information.

Uhm. The link in contents to doesnt take me to mediafire even i replaced it with media fire. And the instructions on texture replacer is a bit too hard to understand. Well i tried to open the anti-Idiot proof instruction but its a broken link.

I want to ask some questions .

1. Is the images you posted here is the only texture required? and should i download it here on full resolution or somewhere else?

2. When... When i have the Kerbin Textures, Where should i put it? In the Gamedata/Texture Replacer/Default or Somewhere else?? 

3. Im confused about the Texture naming. How or what should i rename? The Textures you gave me OR edit something in DEFAULT?

Sorry tho, I newly discovered Texture replacer and doesnt know how to edit and add Planet textures yet and there is no tutorial on forums and youtube  so the asking here is my best bet.  I only used Texture Replacer to Change my skybox and Kerbal Suit.

Edited by Space Pirate

1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

Oh why? My settings are:

Terrain: High

Scatter: 50%

Texture Resolution: Half

Rendering: Beautiful

Aerodynamic Effect: Low

NO AA / Shadow / Light pixels / V-Sync OFF.

AA And V-Sync Is a FPS Killer and Game Crasher for me.

Maybe you are using Real plume so thats why your PC lags when launching? Like mine .

My FPS is 20-30 ( ONLY ) When launching with SRB`s.

No, its because my processor is only 1.60GHz.

3 hours ago, Space Pirate said:

Uhm. The link in contents to doesnt take me to mediafire even i replaced it with media fire. And the instructions on texture replacer is a bit too hard to understand. Well i tried to open the anti-Idiot proof instruction but its a broken link.

For link to work you need:

Spoiler

copy the link and rename "This website cannot be used on these forums" to "media fire.com" without the space (mediafire)

1. yes,is the only image required and you can either download the full resolution image from my album(1080p in JPG fprmat) or use the link for HD resolutions

2. and 3. after you download and save the image:
a:rename the image,it has to have specific name which is case sensitive for TR to recognize it

Spoiler

examples from TR

Eve2_00                     // Eve
      KerbinScaledSpace300        // Kerbin
      Duna5_00                    // Duna
      gas1_clouds                 // Jool
      newoceanmoon00              // Laythe

b:and put it in Gamedata/Texture Replacer/Default

With how Texture Replacer works,these images are only visible from space or in map view.

Edited by sebi.zzr

12 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

No, its because my processor is only 1.60GHz.

That Explains a lot. Maybe Try to increase Fan Speed on Processor? Try SpeedFan if your MOBO doesnt support Fan Control. It might help your Processor on overheat issues. Because KSP Overloads CPU while playing causing it to FRY UP.

1 hour ago, Space Pirate said:

That Explains a lot. Maybe Try to increase Fan Speed on Processor? Try SpeedFan if your MOBO doesnt support Fan Control. It might help your Processor on overheat issues. Because KSP Overloads CPU while playing causing it to FRY UP.

I just need a new computer in general.

13 hours ago, sebi.zzr said:

For link to work you need:

Reveal hidden contents

copy the link and rename "This website cannot be used on these forums" to "media fire.com" without the space (mediafire)

1. yes,is the only image required and you can either download the full resolution image from my album(1080p in JPG fprmat) or use the link for HD resolutions

2. and 3. after you download and save the image:
a:rename the image,it has to have specific name which is case sensitive for TR to recognize it

Reveal hidden contents

examples from TR

Eve2_00                     // Eve
      KerbinScaledSpace300        // Kerbin
      Duna5_00                    // Duna
      gas1_clouds                 // Jool
      newoceanmoon00              // Laythe

b:and put it in Gamedata/Texture Replacer/Default

With how Texture Replacer works,these images are only visible from space or in map view.

I followed your Instruction and it actually works! I want to say Thankyou for helping me. i want to ask on how much memory usage the textures use? And is there any texture for Moho, Eeloo and Joolian Moons? Thanks again for helping me! :D Really great.

10 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I followed your Instruction and it actually works! I want to say Thankyou for helping me. i want to ask on how much memory usage the textures use? And is there any texture for Moho, Eeloo and Joolian Moons? Thanks again for helping me! :D Really great.

It's hard to tell about memory usage because i never tested it,but you can right click on image and look in properties for image size.
For the textures check the link:

9 minutes ago, sebi.zzr said:

It's hard to tell about memory usage because i never tested it,but you can right click on image and look in properties for image size.
For the textures check the link:

I see it, Cheers mate.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.