KSP 1.1.2 crashes after short time on OS X 10.11.5

So I recently upgraded to 10.11.5 El Capitan and started playing KSP again. But after a short amount of time the Game alway crashes. I thing I have not gone past 10 minutes. Sometimes after first going to the VAB, too. I have tried deleting the whole game via Steam, then even the folder and redownloaded it completely, but still having this issue. Is there something I can try or change?

Thanks!

Edit: The strange thing is, after the crash(which OS X confirms) KSP still appears in the Activity Monitor and has to be quit manually. 

Edited by rz6

Hmmm... Now, I'm hardly an expert in these kinds of things, but I think chances are greater that the bug is not directly due to KSP. Looks like you're not the only one to have this kind of problem; appears that in both your and the linked case the abort() call was initiated in (what looks like) Apple graphics driver code.

In any case, that kind of crash shouldn't be the kind that is triggered directly by KSP-related code. Is everything on your machine up to date? What are your machine specs?

Fun fact: Looks like Google has already indexed your pastebin.

2 hours ago, CliftonM said:

That log isn't going to be as helpful as this one:

Sure thing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/uattxqvlu5uyfxs/KSP_upload.log?dl=0

I tried an older 1.0.4 install (but with some Mods) and it crashed, too.

1 hour ago, awang said:

Is everything on your machine up to date? What are your machine specs?

Yes, 10.11.5 is the most recent one. My machine: 

Model: MacBookPro9,1, BootROM MBP91.00D3.B0D, 4 processors, Intel Core i7, 2,3 GHz, 16 GB, SMC 2.1f175 (15" MBP mid 2012, lowest model)
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000, Intel HD Graphics 4000, Built-In
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M, PCIe, 512 MB
Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 8 GB, DDR3, 1867 MHz, 0x029E, 0x434D5358384758334D314131383636433130
Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 8 GB, DDR3, 1867 MHz, 0x029E, 0x434D5358384758334D314131383636433130

1 minute ago, rz6 said:

Were you making/deleting new parts in the editor?  This might be the VAB crashing bug.

1 minute ago, rz6 said:

I tried an older 1.0.4 install (but with some Mods) and it crashed, too.

Well, I guess that might eliminate the above idea.

1 minute ago, rz6 said:

Yes, 10.11.5 is the most recent one. My machine: 

<snip>

Well, I guess that eliminates the possibility of running out of memory.

6 hours ago, rz6 said:

Edit: The strange thing is, after the crash(which OS X confirms) KSP still appears in the Activity Monitor and has to be quit manually. 

And reading this, I'm even more puzzled.

1 hour ago, CliftonM said:

And reading this, I'm even more puzzled.

I've seen this happen on my machine, too. I don't think the circumstances are the same, though; I get zombie KSPs when it crashes during startup due to a timeout when KSPAVC is doing its thing, and the other occurs inconsistently after I run the game for a particularly long time.

I can't help but think that this is something that can't be fixed directly by KSP. The KSP log ends abruptly, so KSP is being killed by the OS, and the crash seems to happen in Apple's code when loading textures.

Now that I think about it, what are your graphics settings? Do you have any additional graphical mods? And try changing your texture settings/quality. I have no idea if it will help, but it's worth a shot, because it's texture loading code that crashes...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.