Base Issue

Edlu Kerman

I feel like perhaps the picture that you mentioned would help (it isn't enclosed). But on Tekto, the thing you have to be most careful about is drag. You have to accelerate slowly and gravity turn slowly, so that you don't end up experiencing horrible aerodynamic effects and a loss of delta-v. Also, I would avoid staging entirely if I were you. A Tekto SSTO is not enormously difficult to create so long as you limit your acceleration enough, and it would entirely remove any difficulty caused by staging.

Just now, eloquentJane said:

I feel like perhaps the picture that you mentioned would help (it isn't enclosed). But on Tekto, the thing you have to be most careful about is drag. You have to accelerate slowly and gravity turn slowly, so that you don't end up experiencing horrible aerodynamic effects and a loss of delta-v. Also, I would avoid staging entirely if I were you. A Tekto SSTO is not enormously difficult to create so long as you limit your acceleration enough, and it would entirely remove any difficulty caused by staging.

What? I put it there

2 minutes ago, Edlu Kerman said:

Ok, the screenshot SHOULD be here.

Nope, sorry, can't see it.

2 minutes ago, Edlu Kerman said:

No, I copied screenshot from clipboard.

The forums doesn't work that way.

You must upload your image to a image hosting site like imgur, and then either provide the link to the image, or go to Insert other media > Insert image from URL.

8 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

Well, this happened inside Kerbin's atmosphere so, that doesn't help me. But thanks for trying to help.

3 minutes ago, sumghai said:

Nope, sorry, can't see it.

The forums doesn't work that way.

You must upload your image to a image hosting site like imgur, and then either provide the link to the image, or go to Insert other media > Insert image from URL.

imgur isn't letting me paste...

5 minutes ago, Edlu Kerman said:

imgur isn't letting me paste...

You are not supposed to copy & paste to imgur like you would copy & paste to a Microsoft Word document.

You upload the image file to their servers, and then post the URL they give you into your reply.

I know something similar happens inside Kerbin's atmosphere when staging. It's usually to do with the fact that you're going from a high thrust-to-weight ratio when your lower stage is nearly out of fuel to a much lower thrust to weight when your upper stage ignites. On Tekto it's actually comparatively easy to solve compared to Kerbin; you should be throttling your engines down gradually to keep the acceleration consistent and low (easiest seen if you have a mod like MechJeb which can show you your TWR), and when your first stage runs out you should throttle up again to start the next stage, and gradually throttle down like before until you're out of the lower atmosphere and you can afford to have a higher acceleration.

Just now, sumghai said:

You are not supposed to copy & paste to imgur like you would copy & paste to a Microsoft Word document.

You upload the image file to their servers, and then post the URL they give you into your reply.

There's an option to paste, but it's not letting me click it.

3 minutes ago, Edlu Kerman said:

There's an option to paste, but it's not letting me click it.

1 minute ago, RA3236 said:

Use Ctl-V.

Yes, the Ctrl-V shortcut will work.

However, for future reference I strongly recommend you upload images in the traditional manner (i.e. browsing to the directory on your computer containing the images), as it is far more reliable.

11 minutes ago, sumghai said:

Yes, the Ctrl-V shortcut will work.

However, for future reference I strongly recommend you upload images in the traditional manner (i.e. browsing to the directory on your computer containing the images), as it is far more reliable.

Actually, it won't. I tried it.

Just now, sumghai said:

Can you describe precisely what you tried to do, and any error messages that appeared?

I went to imgur, then to "upload image" and there was a choice called ctrl+v. I tried clicking o  it and just doing crtl+v, but nothing happened.

Just now, Edlu Kerman said:

I went to imgur, then to "upload image" and there was a choice called ctrl+v. I tried clicking o  it and just doing crtl+v, but nothing happened.

Try this instead:

- Go to imgur

- Click on upload images

- Click on browse your computer

- Navigate to the folder containing your screenshot

- Select your screenshot and click Open

- Click Start Upload

- Once it has finished uploading, copy and paste the URL (address) of the image into your post.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.