Steam Summer Sale 2016

pxi

8 hours ago, Slam_Jones said:

I certainly missed having daily sales and flash sales, but can't say I miss the minigames.

This. I'd be buying more if there had been dailies. As is I'm only certainly getting Psychonauts, HL Episode 2, and some 20-game bundle of random, non-related stuff. Still deciding whether to pick up Enter the Gungeon or Tomb of the Necrodancer. Any opinions on those two?

I decided to buy Fallout 4. There are things I know I dislike going in, and things I want to try, and I felt the sale price matched what I felt the game was worth to me, so I'm pretty happy. If I decide I like it enough to play again, particularly if the modding community manages to develop things like a full featured script extender, then I'll probably go back and get the DLC as well. Waiting has also had the advantage of giving mod makers time to develop some of the mods I felt I was going to need going in, since I have decided to forego the initial vanilla playthrough. That has less to do with the game, and more to me getting very used to the mods I use in other Bethesda titles.

Right now I just need to banish that sneak indicator to the dark world (I don't care if other people want it, that's cool, but I wish they'd just give an option to turn that thing off), and maybe turn the HUD brownish like New Vegas (I find the neon green a bit much).

Edited by Randox

24 minutes ago, Randox said:

I decided to buy Fallout 4. There are things I know I dislike going in, and things I want to try, and I felt the sale price matched what I felt the game was worth to me, so I'm pretty happy. If I decide I like it enough to play again, particularly if the modding community manages to develop things like a full featured script extender, then I'll probably go back and get the DLC as well. Waiting has also had the advantage of giving mod makers time to develop some of the mods I felt I was going to need going in, since I have decided to forego the initial vanilla playthrough. That has less to do with the game, and more to me getting very used to the mods I use in other Bethesda titles.

Right now I just need to banish that sneak indicator to the dark world (I don't care if other people want it, that's cool, but I wish they'd just give an option to turn that thing off), and maybe turn the HUD brownish like New Vegas (I find the neon green a bit much).

Is the HUD locked to green? I remember changing it to blue in 3, and doing so in NV as well.

20 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Between (literally) buying Factorio right before the sale started

The Factorio developers do not believe in discounts, so you did good there.

26 minutes ago, Bill Phil said:

Is the HUD locked to green? I remember changing it to blue in 3, and doing so in NV as well.

I think there even are sliders that allow you to change the colour.

Edited by Camacha

Yeah, I feel a bit silly about that actually. Apparently there are sliders in the display menu to change that, so while I reserve my right to be dissatisfied with the actual design (I respect the feel they are going for, I just don't like it), I actually can change the colour. This...might be a result of constantly tweaking bethesda games with ini file edits and mods. After a while, I just assume the in game options are all useless and jump right to looking for other options to get what I want. I even started looking for a mod to change the timescale before remembering that I know the console command to do this from memory.

Edited by Randox

9 hours ago, Randox said:

I even started looking for a mod to change the timescale before remembering that I know the console command to do this from memory.

Do I assume correctly that you lengthen the timescale?

On 7/5/2016 at 5:05 AM, Camacha said:

Do I assume correctly that you lengthen the timescale?

Yes. It's partly because I also run darker nights, which limits my gameplay once the sun goes down, so I prefer to run a lower timescale so that I can get more done each day without needing to find a bed, or I can go and clear out an interior location without coming out and realizing that it's now 2am and I have nowhere to sleep nearby. It also has other effects, like a longer real time between needed to eat or drink, and enemy and loot respawns also take longer because my gameplay covers fewer ingame days, all of which are things I like (though they are things I can change independently with other mods to taste).

I've changed the timescale from 20 down to 10, which is what I used in New Vegas, but I might bump it back up to 15, which is what I use in Skyrim (I should point out that the default in previous titles like New Vegas and Skyrim was 30, not 20, so Bethesda has already made their own move towards a slower passage of time). I am finding that 10 is too slow, and is out of sync with my own pacing. I think setting it at 15 would result more in my heading back to camp as the day is actually ending, instead of trying to decide if I want to head back really early and tinker with the settlement, or try to squeeze another quest in.

EDIT: 15 turned out to be a little too fast, so I dropped it down to 12, which seems to be about perfect for me.

Edited by Randox

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.