1.1.2 Recycle bin

glibbo

2 hours ago, Archgeek said:

I think they fixed that last one in 1.1.3 -- you can double-click the name in the vessel info panel.  'Not sure if that lets you re-classify them, though.

Well that's good to know. I recall reading that the initial problem was caused by a simple accidental mistyping in a line of code intended to fix a different problem in the vessel reclassification system.

14 hours ago, AbacusWizard said:

My playing style relies heavily on lander legs, wheels,

16 hours ago, Madrias said:

I haven't thrown around 1.1.3 enough to see if it's also buggy, but given that there was no mention in the changelog about anything relating to wheels,

In the patch notes are two mentions of wheels, something fixed, and a new setting. I don't know if it solves your problem, though.

Keep your 1.1.2 install and saves, just  in case.

VAB crashing, high CPU load, and some other problems are fixed with a patch to 1.1.2 that can be installed as a mod:

Some changes have forced me to re-arrange plans in a saved game. 

* Added "EVA" layer, added it to various cameras, physics casts, lights, and collision matrices to behave exactly like normal parts, except suspension raycasts ignore it entirely. Prevents violent interactions when kerbals touch wheels.

We can no longer protect kerbals on EVA using service bays (YouTube) and heat shields; an EVA kerbal reentering in a service bay in 1.1.3 shows a skin temperature consistent with his receiving the shock heating as if he were outside, distributed over his lower thermal mass.

The violent interaction with landing legs remains.  LT-05 landing legs supporting <1kN each were dangerous in 1.1.2, but now reliably kill an EVA kerbal in 1.1.3.  (I can raise the legs, though, and put the weight on RoveMax S2's supporting 6kN each, and let a kerbal on EVA kick the tires in both 1.1.2 and 1.1.3).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.