Check whether 64bit version is running?

10 minutes ago, THX1138 said:

I used a setting in Steam which I think/hope launches the 64-bit version of KSP. Is there a way that I can check in the game which version is running?

Just look in the bottom right corner of the main menu screen.  The version number should have (x64) after it.

Two ways:

1. After launching and loading the game check the version and build number (should be on the bottom right corner). If you are running the x64 version then it will be disclosed as "(x64)" at the end of the string (but i think that Linux does not provide that information).
  2. Open either the KSP/Player.log or the output_log.txt file. For the KSP/Player file the binary type and it's parameters will be indicated under "Environment Info" and it will look like this:
Win32NT 7FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF  Args: KSP_x64.exe -popupwindow -single-instance

(Example from a Windows 7 installation).

You could also open the OS Task Manager and search for the KSP binary.

Edited by Phineas Freak
Small typo

During beta testing (and a few times afterward) there have been bugs reported from using the Steam launcher. It is wiser to look for the "Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP_x64.exe" and run that directly, instead.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.